Chapter 9: Goodbye

Chapter 9
KAY'S POV:
I pulled the last box into the moving van.
I can't believe I'm actually doing this! I can't believe they're making me go back! What happened to 'He's not capable of raising a child?'
Nash has stopped by almost everyday since I told him about my uncle.
Right now he is up in my room making sure I didn't leave anything behind. I'm going to miss him! A lot.
"All good!" he said walking out of the house I had grown up in since sixth grade.
"Ok thanks!" I said.
I tried to make it sound cheery but it came out dead and sad.
He walked closer to me and hugged me. His strong arms wrapped around me making me feel protected and safe.
"You know. If it was up to me you wouldn't have to go." He said into my hair.
"I know." I whispered.
"You'd stay right here. With me. Until your 18 and able to live alone. Then we'd buy an apartment." He said.
I laughed at how he had this all planned out.
"You have no idea how nice that sounds." I said before I could stop myself.
He pulled away and I missed the feeling he brought when ever we touched.
I felt protected. I felt like I belonged. I knew I liked Nash. And I knew saying goodbye was going to be harder than I originally thought.
"Ok miss. We need to start heading out if we're going to make it there on time." The driver said.
I nodded and turned to my foster family. The ones that took me in.
I hugged Sarah first.
"Don't forget to update me on all the gossip here ok?" I said.
Her eyes were a little red from crying. She nodded her head and clung to me for a while.
I let go and moved to Lisa and Mark.
"Thank you so much! For everything!" I said as Lisa cried and Mark tried to comfort her.
Next was Mia.
Her eyes were bloodshot and she looked tired and tears ran down her cheeks.
"Don't go." She said quietly as we clung to each other. "I love you." She said and I felt myself start crying.
"I love you too. Don't change a thing about you ok? And make sure you tell me when Hayes asks you out k?" I whispered the last part as Nash was standing right there.
She giggled lightly and squeezed tighter.
We let go and then I had to say goodbye to Nash.
We stood there and looked at each other and then I threw my arms around him and buried my face into his chest.
His strong arms wrapped around me for what would be the last time. For the last time he would hold me.
For the last time I would be safe.
---------------
Hiya!
Hope you like it!
I'm dedicating this chapter to @Beautiful_Special because she and her stories rock!!!!! (so go read them! My personal favorite is called Angels Above!) She has also given me the most feedback and I don't think she knows how much I appreciate that! Thank you so much for being such a dedicated reader!!
Thanks!!!
Vote
Comment
Share!
Luv ya!!
Bye for now!!