Chapter 28: A New Home

Chapter 28
Kay's POV:
I jilted awake when the car door slammed shut.
"Rise and shine princess. Welcome home!" Uncle said excitedly jumping out of the truck.
"No offense or anything but I thought it would take at least two days to get back here?" I moaned as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes.
"Oh Kay Lauren, a real trucker never rests!" He exclaimed making me laugh.
"Hey Henry! What's happening boy?" he called off to a person climbing down from a ladder.
"Hi Mr. Fares! Nothing exciting sir. I got those birds out of the gutter. How does it feel to be home?" a teenaged boy around my age asked walking up and shaking Uncles hand after removing a work glove.
"It feels amazing my boy! I'd like you to meet my niece! This is Kaytlin, but she goes by Kay." Uncle said offering me a hand.
"Hi! I'm Henry. Nice to meet you." He said shaking my hand.
"Hi! I'm Kay. It's nice to meet you too!"
"Well sir I best be heading home now. It was wonderful meeting you Kay. Maybe I'll see you around school. Night sir!" he said turning to a black old pickup.
"Actually I need to talk to you. Why don't we bring some of Kay's things in and while she unpacks we'll talk?" uncle said.
As Henry carried my bags I got a good look at him.
Blonde messy hair, brown eyes, tall, clearly hardworking. At least I'll know someone at school.
"Kay you go ahead and start unpacking while I talk with Henry." Uncle said.
I nodded and started to unzip the first suitcase. I unpacked a lot of my clothes and made my bed.
I put a full length mirror on top of a blue fuzzy rug and unpacked all my toiletries in my bathroom. I set up the gigantic beanbag chair and plopped down to dig into one of my favorite books that are neatly put away on a set of shelves above the head of my bed.
The rug and comforter of my bed go along with my light blue walls and a chandelier that hangs from the ceiling illuminating the entire room.
I looked around content with what it looks like when I heard footsteps coming up the stairs.
Someone knocked at the door and I called for them to come in.
Henry opened the door and walked in.
"Hello again." He said nodding in greetings.
"Um hi." I said nervously back.
"So your uncle said you'll be enrolling to school here?" he said.
Well that was pretty obvious but I smiled and nodded all the same.
"He wants me to help you. So I'm going to catch you up on anything important and tomorrow I'll help you navigate around school. Sound good?" he explained.
In all seriousness it didn't sound like I had much of a choice or any say in the matter but I answered nonetheless. "Sounds great!"
"Great! Well then, it has been a pleasure meeting you Kay and I will see you tomorrow!" he said smiling and closing the door.
Well, he's not that bad. But I don't need a babysitter. I can take care of myself. I've done it before.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Uncle had another house last time I stayed with him so I went to look around. It was incredibly large and had a whole staff.
I'm so proud of him. He really made a wonderful life for himself.
This place was amazing! It had a pool a library a great room a dinning room a huge kitchen and my favorite part, the gardens!
They grew beautiful Lillie's and Roses and is the perfect place to do homework read or just sit and think.
I have to admit. I feel like Juliette! this house is incredible. More boxes arrived and I headed back to continue unpacking.
As Annie says: I think I'm gonna like it here!