19. MYSTERY

Feigh

Since Draze left me, I felt like it was almost impossible to function. Suffocating me. It was currently unknown whether Draze would come back after midnight or not. He always did this, leaving me here alone. Not even Candice was allowed to keep me company.

I laid down on the bed. I couldn't put Lilli or anyone again at risk, I was still wracked with guilt.

Resigned. I decided to stay here.

Thinking about staying here forever didn't put me in anger. I mean, I was upset as I was forced to live here but part of me was happy for being here, in Draze's world. He said he loved me, even though I found it hard to believe that he would go to such lengths, he's a King, for heaven's sake. I had only known him for a short period of time, but I couldn't deny how deeply he affected me, or the insane pull I felt toward him.

A flashback about the activities that occurred between me and Draze made me smiled dreamily. I hadn't even noticed someone entered the bedroom. A voice said, "Feigh, is something I can assist you tonight?" Lilli.

Hearing her voice caused me to immediately stabilize my mind. None was a second to consider as I stood up and without one misstep or even slowing down from running into Lilli's direction, I almost stumbled down but of course I didn't. It surprised me as well.

I couldn't hold my tongue, "Oh my Goodness, Lilli! Are you alright?" Examining her neck, I saw her lips turned into a soft smile. She reassured me, "I am fine, Feigh. King Iandraze's vassal came to find me and promote me into a class A employee, which means, vampires aren't allowed to claim me as their love slave or a meal anytime, anywhere they want. Though many got jealous about my sudden promotion, but at least my life and virtue aren't in danger anymore." Shock flowed through me. Surely Draze didn't just find it necessary to do that, however, I was glad to see Lilli in a good condition.

Silence.

And then Lilli reached for my hands and said, "I know... it shocked me too. But, I think it's his way of apologizing," she shook her head, "and that made me happy, Feigh." Her eyes glittering with happiness.

It was obvious that she already forgive Draze for what happened, maybe I should also let it go.

"Still, I'm sorry!" I muttered.

She gave me a warm smile and she was about to speak but none was released as the door abruptly got wide open. Draze came into view. Lilli immediately bowed her head and slipped out.

Draze watched me intently as he closed the distance between us. "Why are you still awake?" I stared at him and whispered, "I couldn't sleep. I was waiting for you." His eyes softened and he brought his fingertips up to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, "The event has finally done and vampires from the other nation already left the estate. Would you like to have a walk?"

"Now?" It was obvious my eyes lit up as he chuckled.

He ran his fingers to draw circles to my biceps. "It's the perfect time for vampires to get up and be wide awake since they were sleeping all day, so in this case, I get to show you around and let everyone see, how special you are to me."

"By showing me around huh? Is that the most romantic thing you could do?" I teased.

His eyes darken at its depth, dancing mischievously as he purred, "Baby, I can show you the most romantic thing I could do to you without leaving this room."

Heat flowed through me. He must have heard my increase in heartbeat. I looked up at him as he groaned, "Fuck! If you want to get to walk tonight, don't distract me." His expression were a mixture of pleasure and desire. I shook my mind mentally and mused, "Let's go then. Before the room gets hot."