12. QUEEN RIVAL

Feigh

"Do you really have to go?" Candice pouted.

"Yes, Lilli said that Draze might be looking for me now, and I have something to discuss with him," Candice finally nodded and let go of me.

We walked through the vast passageway through Draze's domain. Abruptly a pair of hands grab my neck and slammed my head into the wall.

That hurts!

Fuck! It was Sabrina, again. Can I just have a day without bumping into these monsters?!

"Did you really think that King Draze wanted to mate with you because he loves you?"

"That's what I gathered, according to Candice, to mate with someone is eternal." I snapped back.

She scoffed and said, "And you believe her? Remember that you're still not unmated with him, if I kill you now, you will never mate with him. But I won't do that, because we need you."

I was confused at what she said.

"What do you mean?" her hand that wrapped around my neck was getting stronger and I started to gasp for air.

"You see, Draze was promised to a Bloodline Vampire Queen of Northern Territories." My eyes were huge. So that was what Candice mean about what happened last night, Draze terminating the promised mating ceremony for the union of two kingdoms. Fuck! Candice talked fast and I couldn't follow her five topics in a row. Oh shit!

"But he terminated it already." I shot back. Hah! I wouldn't let this bitch intimidate me.

"Yes, he did that," she released her fangs and her irises bled into crimson red. "For me- to protect me. He needed to say that, to reason out that. So the Queen will be going to after you and kill you. He was protecting me, that's why he brought you into his domain to spread that news that he loves you and so Queen Brilliana wouldn't target me."

"That's not true." I was gasping for air, not because of her hands wrapped around my neck but because my heart felt like it was going to explode from my chest. My head was pounding in agony. I do not have claim over him, I know that already and I hated myself for caring about him, about how he feels, about who he fucking love. I hate to find myself caring for him deeply. Hot tears running down my cheeks. I couldn't help the disappointment, jealousy, and hatred that flooded through me.

My expression must have given away my internal struggle, of course, I was crying for fuck's sake. Why did I have to cry now? I shouldn't have let her see that I was weak. Maybe I should've never complained about how I couldn't tear for my 20 years of boring existence.

Sabrina let go of me, her expression seemed to be in shock and her nostrils flared but I couldn't have enough time to think about it as I was busy gasping for air and glaring at her. She rolled her eyes, "Do you need any proof? Go, find out yourself, in the Council Room." She turned around and left without a second to consider.

When Sabrina was nowhere in sight, Lilli dropped to the ground and reached for me, "Oh Feigh! I'm so sorry! I couldn't do anything. Please forgive me," she pleaded with tears streaming down her cheeks. She looks concerned about me.

"I'm fine, Lilli. Please don't cry." I reassured her as I wiped off my tears.

******

Lilli hand me a glass of water, I stood up and told her, "Lilli I need you to bring my goat into the bedroom and wait for me there, don't go out until I say so. Do you understand me?"

"What are you planning to do, if you don't mind me asking, Feigh?" her voice was so gentle and soft.

"I'm just going to grab some food at the kitchen and I don't need your help," she twisted her hands again while holding the leash on the goat's beautiful head. I smiled at her. And they entered the bedroom.