Inswapnia| There was never an 'Us'

Requested by: Scarfers

___

A heavy and suffocating silence hang throughout the air as Error's eyes widened to the one before him, who, on the other hand, was looking down at him rather coldly.

"Dream..." He says softly with a bit of panic within his voice, he gulps ignoring the voices in his head as he held the other's gaze. "What are you saying?"

No. no, this can't be happening! Where had he gone wrong?! Well... He knows this whole thing was wrong in the first place but still, he had been so foolishly in love that he had just pushed all those logical reasons away on why they should stop doing this.

...

But how come the other wasn't doing the same thing?

"You heard me Error..." Dream emotionlessly said while an inexpressive expression was on his face. "I am saying that you are a criminal and that we should stop this nonsense that we are doing."

"Nonsense?..." Error whispered softly as he was looking down at the ground before glancing back up at Dream with an angry look in his eyes. "You call what we are doing as 'nonsense'!?"

His form stiffened when he heard those words slip through his mouth as Error step back, tightening his fist while holding back the urge to let his anger out.

Error look at the other directly in the eye, those damn eyes that feign nothing but a sense of distance and harsh coldness. He opened his mouth to say something, anything, but he can't find any way to express himself and just close his mouth once again.

'Idiot, I told you that you should've left him first, or else he will be the one to break the reality to you.'

'Hey shut up! Error is already going through something here just let him be!'

'Well he has a point, Mr. always bad at making decisions over here should've listen to reality and not be a bitch about it.'

The voices kept ranting, talking and taunting him as Error just tried to ignore all of them but they surely aren't helping him on stopping himself from just yelling at the other and crying his heart out on why, just fucking why, they would say these things.

He wants to yell about every single damning star in the sky to the taller, if Dream was truly sure that he wants to just throw it all away; every kiss, every moment and every single thing they shared.

But instead he only whispered a few words and said it in a hushed voice.

"What about us?"

Dream's form visibly stiffened from what he said, catching the latter off guard as there was an unreadable expression on the other's face.

For a moment, Error saw something melancholic flashed within the other's eyes but it was quickly gone as a forbidding glance was thrown at his direction.

"There was never an 'us' and there will never be an 'us'..." Dream said, voice icy and harsh as he narrowed his eyes at his direction.

"Now leave."

Error blinks as he took a few steps to the taller's direction. "Dream-"

The other simply gave him an angered look as Dream's fist tightened while a hostile and unwelcoming aura surrounded him.

"I said LEAVE."

Dream practically demanded him as Error flinched back from the tone.

"..."

"...Fine..." He whispered softly as warm tears gently goes down his cheeks. He then turned around to walk away, to not let the other see his broken expression as his mind just beg him to get out of this place.

Seeing the tears going down his eyes, Dream's stoic expression broke as a worried glance now replaced it instead.

"Error-"

"What Dream?" He said harshly as he turned around to glance at the taller while trying to rub away the tears in his eyes.

The other pause before tightening their fist while Dream just held his gaze, it quickly turning back into an inexpressive one as the taller didn't say anything else.

He stood there, just locking eyes with the other for a while before turning around to leave this place.

___

The loud knocking on his door made Cross groan as he shifts in his sleep before just letting out a loud sigh and grumbling. "ALRIGHT! ALRIGHT! I'M AWAKE!" He yelled over to the door as he begrudgingly stood up from his bed.

"I swear if this is you, Nightmare, again and asking me to fucking feed cows with violins I will fucking-" Cross sighed as he adjusted his vison to his surroundings before opening the door, only to see...

"Error?" He blinks in surprised seeing the shaking skeleton before him who has tears in the edge of his eyes.

The other didn't say anything to him and just quickly engulfed him into a hug.

Cross pause for a moment before hugging the other back.

"Shush... shush, e-everything's fine..." He tried to reassure the other even though he doesn't exactly know the reason to why Error was crying. Error put his head on the crook of his neck, sobbing as Cross awkwardly patted the other on the back.

From the corner of his eye, he saw Nightmare approaching them. He exchanges a worried glance with the latter before Nightmare just sighed and walk away leaving them for a few minutes before walking back with a cup of water.

Wordlessly, He got close to them and offered the glass of water to Error in which the other took with shaking hands.

...

Let's just say...

They spent the night just binge watching Undernovela and cuddling on the couch.

___

Fucking finally finished a request... wel I hope you like it lovely~

950 words