?????| My Burden To Bear

"S-sans?"

His eyes widened as he looks over at the skeleton standing in front of him, tears of hysteria slowly drops down his cheeks as he realized exactly what the other had done.

"Hey'a."

The other smiled at him with that shit eating grin on their face still very present and yet still ever relaxed even when blood was literally seeping through their clothes.

Sans body staggered back as he quickly caught the other before slowly sliding down to the floor so the other's head was on his lap.

Blood...

Blood was practically everywhere, as that shade of red was slowly making a puddle on the ground. Tears fell from his eyes as they landed softly on the others face.

"No. no. no. no. no. Sans- I-" He sobbed out as he was finding a hard time to form any sentences.

This wasn't supposed to happen, this wasn't the fucking plan. He was the one supposed to die not the other.

A hand cupped his cheek as he looks down on his lap seeing Sans smiling at him as blood trickled down their mouth. "Don't cry..."

Sans looks so helpless with blood seeping from their clothes even though there was not even a single scratch of a blade on the other's clothes, the lower half of their body was slowly disappearing into dust but still ever so... slowly... while warm tears start to go down Sans face.

Despite the other's plea, his tears won't stop coming down his cheeks as he fought back the urge to just cry out and hug the other as tightly as he can.

"Why did you do that?..."

He asked in hushed whisper as the skeleton whose head was on his lap was still just smiling up at him.

"Dunno."

The other idly shrugs before closing their eyes.

"I just couldn't let you die..."

"B-but..." He choked back a sob before finally screaming out what he so desperately wanted to say.

"This was my burden Sans! This was my fucking burden -- not yours, not someone else- It was my fucking burden to bear..."

He kept sobbing out as his vision was getting blurry from the tears forming in his eyes.

"You weren't supposed to fucking die, I was..."

Sans didn't say anything else as he just kept quietly crying.

"Hey can you do me a favor?" The other spoke up.

He glanced down at the other with sorrowful eyes.

Sans sadly grinned up at him. "Take care of Paps for me okay?"

He nodded dumbly. "O-of course..."

"And..."

The other trailed off before grunting and sitting up even though they were literally in the verge of death.

Kiss.

A kiss was softly place upon his lips causing his eyes to widened while his heart started beating really loudly, either because it was already like that moments ago or it just got louder.

Sans pulled away from him before sadly smiling.

"Don't forget to take care of yourself too..."

He put a hand over his mouth as his tears won't just stop.

"I love you..." The other whispered tiredly as their eyes started drooping down.

...

"I love you too..."

He said to no one as dust swirled around where the other used to be.

___

"You said you'd grow old with me"

You guys should check the song out, I cried while listening to it T-T

I'm sorry if it's not that good and kinda rush, I was writing it while I was crying lmao--

I wasn't even that sad, this was just a story that I have been bending and making a new of, for 2 years and like I'm still too lazy to finished it.

This is just one of those characters you don't want to die but you made so they do anyways. 

It is really confusing I know...

I made it that way after all.

And no this is not the 'original' sans, the sans here is just another copy of undertale.

666 words.