Chapter 24- Compassionate Empathy

Start from the beginning

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

"Why did you leave me?" I heard someone call out to me as I continued to run through the forest. "I thought you cared about me..." it continued, "you left me... you left me." I felt something suddenly grab onto my ankles making me fall flat on my face.

"LET GO OF ME!" I shouted as I was dragged backward.

"I thought you cared..." reaching out I began to grab onto fists full of leaves and dirt, trying to find something that I could grab onto to try to escape its grip.
"Why did you leave?"

"LET GO!" I shouted, glancing backward, only to see a large gaping mouth ready to swallow me.

"Why?" it asked as I continued to be dragged closer and closer to its mouth. "WHY!?" I was suddenly pulled into the creature's mouth and engulfed in darkness as I felt myself slowly moving down its esophagus.
That's when, all of a sudden it began to cough, profusely, pulling me back up. And right as I was about to be freed my eyes shot open.

As I jolted awake from my sleep my eyes darted around me.
Where am I?! I asked myself as I felt myself begin to panic. That's when my eyes suddenly landed on his clouded over, blue eyes.
The realization sank in as the events of just a few hours ago began to sink in.
I let out a sigh, "It's about time you woke up." I said.

Slowly I rose to my feet, making sure to avoid putting pressure on my left ankle. I hopped closer to the nightstand and reached under the lamp shade, twisting a knob to turn it on.
As the light turned on both V and I squinted, before our eyes adjusted to the light. I then grabbed a cup of water which had been sitting on the nightstand and was about to hand it to him when all of a sudden he spoke.
"(Y/n)?" he asked as his cough subsided. My eyes widened as I felt a sort of warmth build up in my chest, knowing that he remembered who I was.

"Drink," I ordered, as he continued to stare at me.
I sighed, "you were out cold when I got here, you're probably severally dehydrated and need to put some fluids into your body."
Snapping out of his stupor he took the glass out of my grasp, his fingertips brushing against my gloved hand. Letting go of the glass I plopped myself back down, in the chair, and watched as he drank the entire cup of water.

Once he was done he placed the now empty cup onto the nightstand, right where it had came from.
"What are you doing here?" he asked, horsely, before whipping his upper lip off with the sleeve of his black shirt.

"You were the one who asked me to join..." I sighed, "having second thoughts?"

"S-sorry..." he murmured, "I didn't mean it t--"

"I was joking..." I stated before running a hand through my hair.

"Thank you again, for helping." my eyes widened at the sudden comment. "For both helping me just now, and helping us escape."

"How are you feeling?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Better," he responded, "not amazing, but better."

"Have a stomach ache? Dizziness..."

"I have a headache."