teddy bear

i previously posted this by itself but i said eff it i'll post it here so like here's my first jian one shot lol

no, this isn't on the song by melanie martinez lmao

~~~

kian

both jc and i are currently about to play mario kart in jc's living room. as we're picking our characters, out of nowhere, jc pokes me hard in my side. i poke him back, then he pokes me back again. we keep going on like this until i finally speak up.

"stop it, jc," i tell jc, poking him in the side for what i hope to be the final time.

"make me, dad," he says back in a high pitched voice, sticking his tongue out like a little five year old.

"oh, i will, mother effer."

i start tickling him in his stomach. it sure as hell makes him stop poking me, but makes him start cackling like a hyena on laughing gas.

"kian stop!" he says in between his giggles.

i tickle him a bit longer until i finally decide to stop. then, he starts to tickle me.

"stop, jc! this isn't fair!" i say to him, trying and failing to contain my laughter.

"it is so fair! you did this to me and now i'm gonna do it to you so you can know how it feels!"

"but you started this whole thing!"

"did not!"

"did too!"

we stop bickering and jc just focuses on tickling me. i laugh and laugh until both of my sides hurt. i beg jc to stop and, finally, he does. we're both out of breath, huffing and puffing from laughing so hard, trying to catch out breaths.

"tell me again how did this entire thing start?" jc asks me, not remembering a thing about how this whole thing started.

"i don't even remember," i tell him truthfully, still laughing a little.

i stop laughing all of a sudden. i catch jc staring into my eyes, as if looking desperately for something he's been trying to find for days. or weeks. maybe even months. i can't really tell.

"something wrong?' i ask him, slightly confused.

"oh-uh-it's-nevermind," he stutters out, looking down at his hands, fiddling with his fingers.

"come on, i'm your best friend. just tell me. i won't judge you."

i grab his hand and squeeze it tightly. he inhales sharply as i do so.

"just tell me," i repeat.

"no," he says.

"why?" i say. i grab his chin and make him look me in the eye again. "just tell me," i repeat for a third and what i hope to be a final time.

"i-" he blinks his eyes hard before continuing, "li-like y-you. no, fuck that. i love you. there, i said it. happy now?"

he blushes and his cheeks turn to a deep shade red. on the contrary, i feel myself paling a little, not knowing what to do, nor what to say, or how to act.

"oh. i-i don't know what to say," i rub the back of my neck, nervous laughter escaping my lips.

"i know you don't feel the same way," he starts, "but i just wanted to get that off my chest. i've had this feeling for about a year now, perhaps more, and i couldn't contain it anymore. if you feel weird about it or don't feel the same way, don't worry. i'll try my best to move on so we can continue to be friends, if you want."

i inhale then exhale. guess i have to tell him how i feel, too, i think to myself.

"jc?"

"yea?" he asks me, traces of sadness in his voice.

"i actually do feel the same way," i say, smiling a little, also glad to get that piece of information off of my chest. it feels like someone has literally taken weight off of my shoulders. i can finally breath knowing jc feels the same way i feel about him. i can feel happy.

he grins widely. i do, too.

"so, what now?" he asks me.

"we could, maybe, start dating?" i put out there.

"i'd love to do that. you want to, starting today?" he says, still grinning.

"of course i would," i say back, grinning.

i lean forward and start to kiss him. he almost instantly kisses back. soon, we turn it into a very sloppy make out session. after doing this for what feels like forever, i pull apart. we're both currently looking like a hot mess. our hair's all over the place, our hearts are racing, our lips kind of swollen from what we just did. the both of us are also sweating a little.

"so, it's official," i tell jc.

"yea, i guess it is."

"wait," i say out of nowhere.

"what?" jc asks me.

"we should keep this a secret, for a while," i say.

"good idea," he says.

"also, i already have a nickname for you," i say with a now mischievous grin on my face.

"really? what is it?" he asks me, curious.

"teddy bear," i say.

"teddy bear," he repeats, rubbing his stubble with his thumb and index finger.

"you remind me of one, to be honest. you just seem so huggable, so sweet, so soft like one. i think it fits you perfectly." i say shyly.

"i like it."

"i'm glad you do."

"let's go to my room and just cuddle the rest of the day. wanna do that?" jc asks me, grabbing my hand and leading me to his room.

"i'd love to do that. but, maybe we can do more than that," i say with a wink, kissing him again.

"hey, slow down. this is only our first day as couple," he says back when we pull apart.

"you're right," i say. "we should wait at least a day or two."

"more like a week or two," he says.

we laugh and walk to his room. as jc said, we spend the rest of the day doing nothing but cuddling each other, me being the big spoon and him being the little spoon. as night approaches los angeles, we watch the sunset together, both of us wanting this moment to last for am eternity. after that, we fall asleep in each other's arms.