it's bedtime baby

this one shot contains ddlb. since you guys seemed to like the last one, i decided to write another one. this isn't a part two. it's only my second time writing this so, again, please do not judge me too harshly and enjoy.

~~~

third person pov

"jayyy!" kian says from the dining room.

"i'm coming baby! just hang on! almost done getting your sippy cup and your dinner ready," jc says, running around the kitchen trying to prepare everything for his little kian.

"hurry! i'm hungry!," kian yells back at him, angry that he can't get his way.

"here you go, baby. enjoy it. i have another bottle ready for you when it's bedtime," jc says as he walks into the dining room.

he hands kian, who's sitting in his high chair, the sippy cup and a plate with chicken nuggets shaped like dinosaurs. a few of them even have some faces drawn on them, which makes kian laugh before he eats all of them up. then, he drinks about half of it before he sets it down and burps loudly. all while kian is happily eating his dinner, jc watches over him, making sure he takes his time with everything and doesn't choke or eat too fast.

"is it bedtime yet?" kian asks jc, looking at him with his big brown eyes. "i tired." he rubs his eyes and yawns.

"almost. are you ready for me to tuck you in, baby?" jc asks kian, grabbing his face gently with both hands, kissing his forehead.

"yes, yes, yes!" kian's giddy now, clapping his hands and practically jumping out of his chair with joy.

jc lets go of his face. "okay, calm down. don't get too excited or else you won't go to sleep soon. you'll be too hyper. understood?"

kian nods and puts his hands down, fidgeting a little.

jc carries kian out of his chair to his bright blue bedroom. it's a nursery with everything he needs like bottles, a twin-sized bed, pacifiers, and stuffed animals scattered around the room.

"can you get me my doggy?" kian asks jc as the older man sets him down on his warm, soft sheets.

"anything you want, baby." jc grabs a brown dog with black eyes and ears and hands it to kian. he immediately grabs it and holds it close to his chest, smothering it.

"benny! i wuve you so very much," kian says, kissing it over and over again.

"now, lie down. it's time to sleep," jc says kindly.

"i don't...," kian says, not finishing his sentence.

"what is it, darling?" jc prods.

"i don't wanna sleep alone. can you lay down with me until i'm asleep?"

jc smiles and nods. "of course."

kian sets down his dog, benny, beside him. he takes a sip from his sippy cup and hands it to jc. he sets it on the nightstand next to a small lamp.

"are you ready now?" jc asks him.

"mhm," kian nods, giggling. "will we do fun stuff tomorrow?"

"maybe, but only if you sleep early tonight, so you better sleep soon."

"can you lie down with me now? i scared."

kian seems frightened now, which takes jc by surprise.

"baby, why are you scared?"

"i-i scared of being alone. i hate it a lot." now kian looks like he's about to cry. he starts sniffling, so to comfort him quickly jc lies down next to him immediately and wraps his arm and leg around the younger boy. kian sighs in relief. he is satisfied now. he feels protected by the presence of his caretaker, jc.

"please don't leave me," kian begs jc, looking into his eyes as jc turns off the lamp.

"i won't. i'll stay with you all night. daddy will take good care of you." jc holds him tighter.

"you make me feel safe. i wuve you," kian tells jc.

"i love you too, baby boy. you'll never leave my side. ever. i'll always be there to take care of you no matter what. you're mine."

"i happy," kian says before finally dozing off.

jc holds him as he dozes off as well with only the well-being of kian on his mind. sweet dreams, baby. sweet dreams.