taking care of jc

kian

"kiiiiian," i hear jc call me from upstairs.

"whaaaaat?" i yell back at him, hoping i yelled loud enough for him to hear me. when i don't hear a response, i walk upstairs to our room to check up on him.

"can you check my temperature again? please?" he asks me, laying in bed, wearing a big t-shirt and pajama pants, rubbing his forehead. he coughs right after he says that.

i silently groan. "sure," i say reluctantly, going to get the thermometer.

i go back downstairs to get it. i rummage in our medicine cabinet until i finally find it. i trudge back up the stairs to our room where jc's still in bed, tossing and turning, trying to get in a comfortable position.

"ugh, i feel so fucking terrible," jc tells me as i enter our room, still rubbing his forehead.

"i know, babe, but trust me, you'll feel better soon," i say, shooting him a smile to make him feel better.

"easy for you to say. your immune system doesn't feel like literal shit at the moment."

"oh shut up. you'll feel better soon."

"sure i will."

i exhale loudly, not wanting to fight about something like this with him. he always gets so easily irritated when he's this sick. why, i don't know.

"shut up and let me read your goddamn temperature," i command.

this time he groans and sighs loudly. he opens his mouth as i place the thermometer in his mouth. after a while, it starts to beep, indicating it's done taking jc's temperature. i read it and it says 103.1. fucking christ it's high, i think to myself.

"how high is it?" he asks me, looking like he's in a shit ton of pain at the moment, breathing heavily.

"um. . . it's kinda high. i'll say as much," i say.

"how high is it?" he repeats.

i gulp. "103.1."

"bullshit. lemme see it." he snatches it from me and gasps. his hand flies to his mouth. he pales, which i didn't think possible since he already looks sickly pale. he starts to rub his head again and tosses around in bed some more.

"my poor boy," i say, not even feigning sorrow for the man. i push his curls back and plant a single kiss on his kind of big forehead.

"can you bring me some medicine please? i desperately need something to get better as soon as possible," he says, pain in his voice.

i rush back downstairs to get him something to make him feel better. i quickly get dayquil. at the moment, it's the only thing we have that could possibly make jc's fever go down.

"here. take this, jc." i hand it to him after i've poured enough in the small container provided. he drinks it all in one gulp, then, he hands the container back to me.

"let's hope and pray to god this helps me," he says in a raspy voice. he starts to cough, holding his chest when he stops.

"i hope so. i don't like seeing you like this. i want to see you good and healthy."

he sighs heavily. "come cuddle me. that will sure as hell make me feel better," he says in a demanding tone of voice.

"okay," i respond with no hesitation.

jc seems taken aback. "you do know that i'm sick, right?"

"of course i do. but, i don't give a shit if you get me sick." i kiss him on the lips. he kisses back.