Chapter 11: Inconvenience

"Maybe you should wear that," I say through a mouthful of chips.

She's wearing a gold sparkly dress that stops midthigh and hugs her body.

"Where are you going again? The first time I didn't hear you." I say.

"I am going to a fancy restaurant, called 'Amelia's Spoon.' I know, weird name, but it's fancy and the food's good."

I look at the dress, it is a but fancy but if she's going somewhere fancy, then it's perfect.

"Yeah, wear this one!" I decide.

"Ok, I'm wearing it, now hair, we did makeup already..."

I nod and smile, she's already got a date, that reminds me of Mali, I feel my face drop.

"Hey what's up?" Harley says while walking over to me, she sits next to me. "I never asked about Malachi's, I'm sorry."

I pull up a fake smile, "it's all good." It is fine that she didn't ask, she's going on a date and I didn't ever want to talk about it.

"No, it's not, what happened?" She asks sympathetically.

"It's ok, let's just go and do your hair." I say.

"No, I'm not going anywhere until you tell me what's upsetting you." She says firmly, she is so stubborn.

"Fine, so you know how I went on that date with Mali and he left saying he was sick and all that?" I say, giving up.

"Yeah, go on."

"Well, it turns out he wasn't sick he was just faking it because someone was being a weirdo and kept looking at me... he went over and bashed him." I mumble.

"I don't see much of a problem...I know he lied to you once, just saying that He was sick." She says.

"No but when I went to his house today, he said he expected me here today and all that jazz with you happened, then I saw something on his face and we go close and kissed..." I fade off.

"Wait what!? You kissed! Why didn't you tell me!" She shouts.

"Ugh, I didn't tell you because I didn't want to bring up what happened after!" I say back, annoyed.

I know I shouldn't be annoyed, but and the moment this is a touchy moment and she is being so annoying!

"Oh... sorry Bailey."

"Anyways... while I was kissing him my hands were on his face and he winced and I looked on my hand and there was makeup on them, then I saw his face and saw faint bruise marks." I say.

She hugs me, "it's alright, I mean everyone makes mistakes, right?" She says then pulls out of the hug.

"I know, but he lied to me and hid stuff, he could've just told the truth... or not bashed that guy." I start defending myself.

"I know, I'm making a bigger deal than what it is, but I'm kind of hurt." I say.

"It's ok to feel this way, just think about it like this; he likes you and he thought he was doing good and helping you when he went over to bash the guy, then afterwards he probably thought you wouldn't want to see him all bloody and yeah." She says.

"Oh yeah, I see, are you saying he likes me?" I ask.

"Definitely, he does." She says making it like she is assuring me.

***********

After she finishes her makeup, with me helping we start talking.

"Hey, do you want to sleepover, maybe on the way to the restaurant we can drop you off and you can get all your stuff and do that, then afterward the date I can pick you up and go to my house."