Chapter 1: Meeting My First Crush

***

So the first chapters are kinda....well they're not great, they were the first chapters of my first book that people are going to read...but soon it will be better! I promise!!!!! Maybe chapter 3 is when the book gets a bit better!!! (don't forget to vote!)

***

I hear the bus coming up my long driveway, so I quickly grab my bag and run out the door stuffing the last bit of Nutella toast in my mouth, relishing the taste.

I run past the mirror and see my long blonde hair and greyish blue eyes, I wonder if mum had blue eyes. 

It's the first day of school for the year 2020, I feel the presence of the bus driver in my brain and push it aside, the bus stops and the door opens smoothly, new bus for the new year. 

As I put one foot on the step, I do a mental check, did I forget anything, I check the weight of my bag, the usual heaviness of books, a computer and lunch. 

I grab the sidebar and enter the bus. I greet the bus driver and look for my best friend Harley, I struggle over to the seat next to her and plop down, she looks over from her phone and attempts a hug my way and said through a mouthful of hoodie,

"Hi Harley. I was going to say it's been so long...but I saw you a couple of days ago." I sat to my best friend.

I zip open my bag and grab my phone, I open my camera to take a selfie for 'the first day of school,' We did this the last few years, so now it's pretty much a tradition.

"Cheese!"

I say while smiling at the camera. I take the photo and put my phone back.

"Hey, next up is Logan," Harley informs me.

We both look out the window. I nod in answer, there he is, one of my closest friends, I look closer and see his little brother; Will. I look closer and see that they're arguing. 

When they enter the bus, I hear Will saying you have to give me your Xbox games, I squirm through WIll's mind to know what the argument is about, out of habit, I stop and scold myself, it's just so tempting. 

When I was younger, I thought it was normal to know what people were thinking, that was until I befriended Harley and she told me what's so-called 'normal' and 'not normal.' I made sure not to mention it to anyone else again, well, except to Logan.

I started practising going through people's mind, then I realised that I can read their thoughts I don't know why or how I can do this, but it's awesome...at times, sometimes it can be dangerous. 

As Logan sits in the chair across from Harley and me, I slap his thigh and say,

"Hi, what were you two arguing about?"

He looked at me in a way, the way of saying, 'you haven't mind read him?' He gave me the look and he whispers to me.

"You don't already know?"

I roll my eyes playfully and whispered back,

"I don't always look through..."

I look around and continue with,

"You know..." He nods in understanding, his brain.

I give him a guilty look and say, "Ok, I might've gone through his knocker..."

He looked at me in a mock-scolding way.

"But I stopped myself! I promise." I quickly add.

I looked at him desperately and he gives me a reassuring smile. Over the last 3 years, we've realized how dangerous it could be if people found out about my...powers.