Chapter 18 - Refreshed

I adjust the strap on my Fitbit and run out of the house, I run out of my property and go to the path, pumping my legs at a jog. I've definitely needed this run, I've needed it for a long time.

I let the cool, fresh air blowback my ponytail and clear my mind, all the things that have been happening lately has made my sleep schedule go way hire and I've have not been getting the exercise that I need. Even though I haven't been using my powers my brain has been very active trying to figure out what's been going on lately.

I feel a vibration from my phone notifying me that I have a message, I take it out of my pocket and slow my jogging down to a walk.

Dad

Hey Bailey! I'm so sorry I left without telling you where I was going, I'm off on another trip as you probably suspected, in Bali this time gotta lot of business to deal with haha. Love you, see you soon!

My eyebrows automatically shoot up in surprise, since when did my dad text me where he was at, he should know I'm used to his sudden trips and that he doesn't need to tell me, he hasn't told me the last like 10 times. 

I go to reply to him

Bailey

I thought you were on a trip bahaha, you've always got a lot of business to deal with so you don't need to worry about it, xoxo

I reread the message he sent, something just seems off. I shake my head, I don't need to worry about it, he probably was about to go into a meeting and remembered to text me or something, but, if he texts which he doesn't, he always is so formal and never says haha or anything. 

I scold myself for overthinking, it's nothing, I put my phone back in my pocket and run back home, my motivation is back to being nonexistent, now I'm probably going to go overthink and worry myself, wahoo!

When I get home I head straight for the shower then the cupboard, I grab a packet of chips, I know I probably shouldn't be eating junk food just after a run or anything but I'm hungry and...these chips just look so good. When I see the couch I know what I'm going to do for the next maybe hour or 3 hours, I slump down on the couch grabbing pillows to get more comfortable and snatch the remote of the coffee table, it's when I am on the 6th channel of scrolling when Mali calls.

I pick up the phone, about to say hello when he beats me to it.

In a sing tone, he says, "Hey baby, what's going on."

I facepalm my forehead and cringe, oh god what is wrong with him.

"A bit much?." He asks.

"Just a bit." I laugh the continue, "so what's up, why you calling."

I mentally smack myself, what is that wording, I still get nervous when he talks to me.

"Well there's a lot of reasons, one, I really wanted to talk to you, cause, why wouldn't I want to. Two, I promised you a 'first date'. Three, I wanted to talk to you and I need to tell you that I've already organised the date!" He states I can hear the excitement in his voice.

I roll my eyes in a happy way, "I can't believe you've already organised it!" I say astounded.

"I'm already heading to your house to pick you up, so you better start getting ready, I mean you don't have to, you look beautiful anytime, with anything on." 

My heart melts a little when he says the last part but that doesn't last long when I process that he's coming very soon.

"Wait no, I need a lot of time to get ready! Maybe you should stop by the shops before you come or something. Just take your time, ok?" I say really fast.

"Mhm, just know it'll take less than half an hour." I can hear the smirk in his voice when he said that.

"Urggg, ok. BYE!" I say then hang up without him answering.

I run into the bathroom and blow dry my hair, lucky I showered straight after my run and before he called. When I'm satisfied with my hair I go to my closet, what do I wear, I have no idea where I'm going so I don't know what to wear. 

I grab my phone and send a quick text to Mali.

Bailey

Oi! I don't know what to wear please just tell me where we are going or tell me around about what I should wear!!!

I wait for a second, then remember he's driving he won't reply! I see a notification light up on my phone, yay he texted back.

Mali💝💖

I'm in a shop right now btw and I can't tell you where we are going but just where something a bit casual but nice if you know what I mean??

No, I do NOT know what that means!

Bailey

WHAT!!! That's not helpful! A dress or like pants and a shirt!!??

I see the bubbles come up signalling that he is typing almost straight away.

Mali💝💖

Dress I guess, IDK, don't ask a guy this lol

I put my phone down, it's a dress then. I sort through my dresses and find a fitting light purple dress. I think that it'll do, if I put a denim jacket and Nike air forces with that then it'll be casual and formal.

I out my outfit on and go into my on-suite and look in the mirror, overall it's a good outcome, I decided to have my hair out just straightened. Ever since Mali came along, I haven't used my powers, like at all. I smile at that thought, it's so refreshing.

I grab my makeup bag and put all the basics on, I decide to put a bit of purple on my eyelids quickly following a James Charles eye shadow video, a bit disappointed that I still need youtube help. I put some mattè nude lipstick on then look at the outcome, very successful.

I hear the doorbell ring, talk about timing!

I grab my white purse and my phone then go to the door, I open it and there stands a very handsome Mali.

"Hi Beautiful." he says

I smile and feel the blush creep up my neck.

"Hi."

________________________________________________

Hi guys! I've finally updated and put in a chapter! How's quarantine going!?

WHat do you think about there relationship and where do you think there dates gonna be? Honestly I dont even know yet so you could always give me ideas!

Keep the votes up ahaha and the comments, I love comments btw so yeeah ahah 

What u thin about this MALI then love hearts ooooooo