Chapter 3: Messages from Mali

"I had the most embarrassing day ever!" I tell to Harley over the phone.

I think back to my day and groan, well it wasn't all bad I guess, I think about talking to Mali.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there, we just have hardly any classes together. I haven't heard from you since before lunch." She says.

I groan,

"2 stupid things had to happen, first of all, I got food spilt all over me by Malachi then as Malachi was there, I walked off thinking it was the end of the day, he had to stop me!" I say.

I groan all over again, thinking back to Malachi and I's second day, disaster much!

"Maybe I should go through his mind and erase those memories," I say to Harley.

"WHAT!" She shouts "YOU WOULD NEVER! That is extremely dangerous...what would he think, what happened yesterday at lunch, then he might ask his friends, then they would tell him and..."

I cut her off before she could go on rambling,

"I was joking!!! Calm down, I'm not that stupid!" I shout, making sure she can hear. I hear silence on the other end of the phone and laugh slightly.

"I thought you were being serious," She says and laughs.

I shake my head forgetting that she can't see me and say,

"Harl, I would never do that, you should know that." I tell her.

I think of the mess that would be made if I did such a thing and shiver.

"Bailey! Off the phone now, dinner." I hear dads voice drifting from downstairs.

"I have to go now; I think it's dinner, bye," I say to Harley.

"Ok, bye! See you tomorrow." She replies.

I end the phone call and head downstairs to the delicious smelling kitchen,

"What did you make?" I ask my dad

"Curry chicken on rice." He says while smiling proudly.

I go over to the bowls and see one of my favourite meals; curry chicken. I take my plate and grab a fork,

"This looks so good, dad!" I say while shoving a spoonful in my mouth.

I relish the taste and enjoy the warmth and when I'm finished, I go for seconds. After I finish my second serving, I feel stuffed, I put my bowl in the dishwasher and hold my stomach. 

Wow, who knew you could fit that much in there! I walk up to my room and pull out my phone, I got a message:

LOGAN:

Hey whassup! Heard about what happened earlier today... dang!

BAILEY:

Yeah...It was a disaster, don't really want to talk about it

I wait for a reply and get one almost straight away:

LOGAN:

Ok then...at least you spent time with Malachi!

I shake my head, oh no!

BAILEY:

How did you find out about that!!

LOGAN:

Well, I thought you might like him, soooo I got it out of Harley...

BAILEY:

Wow

LOGAN:

Ehheheehe, good luck with him!, well I have to get going so byyeee! (make your move with Mali)

I laugh.

BAILEY:

I don't know if I will......... but byeee.

I check my social media then put my phone down, I can't believe Logan already knows, soon enough Malachi is going to know. 

I bet he doesn't like me after what happened today, he probably thinks I'm an idiot.

I test my 'abilities' and go as far as my mind will let me, I reach 10 blocks until I can't go any farther and focus on someone's brain, it's harder to concentrate the farther the person is but I succeed. 

When someone's emotion is high, I feel them pushing on my brain, like the first day of school, there was excitement or well dread. I put my hair into a messy bun and hop into bed ready to face another day of school.

I wake up and check the time, I'm late for school. I get ready quickly so I don't miss the bus. I quickly go down the drier and grab Malachi's clothes, I carefully fold them into my bag, I grab a brownie piece and run out the door making it just in time for the bus. I hop on the bus and sit next to Harley I tell her in detail about what happened yesterday.

When we reach our classroom I place Mali's clothes on his desk and sit down waiting for him to come, he ended up not coming. After class I get a text saying:

04 7648 4387

Hey its Malachi, I'm not at school today...as you probably know, so I wondering if you would bring my clothes to my house...

BAILEY:

I might, wait I don't know where you live? Not to sound creepy or anything.

He gives me his address, should I actually go?

I walk over to Harley.

"Hey, Harl...well Mali wants me to bring him his clothes...to his house...today." I mumble

She looks at me completely shocked.

"WHAT!! That boy is making his moves fast! And you're going, that's a definite." She exclaims

I laugh at her reaction.

"Okay, I don't know about the making moves thing...but could you pleeeeeaaaasssee drive me" I say.

She pats my shoulder.

"Like that's even a question, you didn't even need to ask." She says.

Time to go and see Malachi I guess.