Chapter 21 - I love you

Malichi slows the car and leans over to give me a quick kiss, I feel the redness of a blush creep up my neck and travel to my face.

"Ice-cream?" He asks.

I nod trying to hide my tomato face from his view. I feel his hand on my chin, he pulls my head over slowly so I am facing him, we lock eyes.

"I love it when you blush, it's so cute, so please don't hide it." He tells me in a whisper.

The redness of my face deepens to a point I didn't know was possible, I see him smile, his dimples bringing sunshine and lollypops.

I try and hide my red face again but his soft touch on my chin stops me.

"Please, it's so embarrassing," I mumble.

He smirks then pulls me in for a slow kiss, I savour every last part of it, feeling goosebumps follow his hand on my back, arms, neck then onto my hair.

I feel his hands tangle into my hair then cup my face, deepening the kiss. I run my hand through his hair, learning that he loves it when I do that.

My shyness starts to fade, I get out of my seat and sit with him, feeling more confident in myself. He nibbles my bottom lip and I can't help but give off a small smile. Who knew a small gesture could be so effective.

We see the lights of a cop car come close to the car so we quickly pull apart. I quickly get back into the passenger seat and fix my hair, running my fingers through trying to loosen the knots that Mali made.

The car stops and I see the shape of a woman get out of the car.

When she comes close she knocks on the window, Mali quickly winds it down. I can't help but feel the nerves creep up on me.

"Hello guys, just got a call about a suspicious car that stopped in front of this very house. You wouldn't be the car they're talking about?" She asks suspiciously.

I quickly shake my head, "We were just stopping because, well, were wanted to talk." I say.

Mali chuckles at my answer so I shoot him a glare.

"Sorry about that, we were, talking. We're no trouble, just stopping by. Actually we were just on our way to get ice-cream." Mali says while shooting her one of his so famous dimple smiles.

He grabs my hand, comforting my uneasiness. 

"I'll let you off because technically you weren't doing anything bad but be more careful where you stop. Can I quickly see your drivers licence though?" The police lady asks.

Malichi nods and quickly searches through his stuff grabbing his drivers licence. The cop nods and Mali quickly puts it away.

"Bye guys and don't get up to too much mischief." She tells us.

I wave and smile and Malichi does the same, she walks to her car and drives off. I let out a breath that I didn't know was holding and release my tight grin on Mali's hand, feeling guilty.

"Sorry about that," I say, looking at our hands.

He smiles, "It's fine, just a couple of broken bones." He smirks and I glare.

I quickly pull my hand away, feeling the cool on it, kind of disappointed at myself for taking my hand away.

He pouts, "Naw, I'm sorry, can I have your hand back?" He asks.

I can't help the big smile on my face as I give my hand back to him.

He starts the car, "So ice-cream?" He asks.