19. No Good for Me | Jay Gwuapo

Tʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ: ɴɪɢɢᴀs ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ sʜɪᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴅɪғғᴇʀᴇɴᴛ.

You
I sat on the couch, scrolling through my timeline. Jay comes around and lays down, placing his head on my lap.

"Hi baby" I say, locking my phone and placing it on the table beside me.

He puckers his lips, gesturing for a kiss, and I lean down and return the favor.

I notice he falls into his thoughts, "you okay?".

"Mhm," he licks his lips and nods.

"So what you thinking bout?" I poke.

"This tour shit," he says, "you ready?" I smile, he was finally getting up there and he deserved every second of it.

"Yeah, I feel like I'm finally going up. I might be famous" he laughs.

"Baby you will be, this yo year!" I imply, pecking his lips.

He smiles, and starts to say something before his phone cuts him off. It rings and he silences it quickly before putting it on the table, face down.

"Speaking of tour, you gon gimme sum before I leave?" he says & I could feel his smirk as he placed kisses on my neck.

His phone dings, and he sighs, grabbing it, and replying to whoever had written him, glancing at the message, he realized I was over his shoulder and turns it away from me.

Putting it in his pocket, he returns to his previous position and I giggle as he whispers in my ear. "Cmon baby, for the road?" he says.

"Mhm" I say, unaware of the words coming out of my mouth due to the feeling he was giving me.

His phone rings once more, leaving me frustrated, and he does the same thing. "Who's calling your phone?" I question.

"Nobody, just Tjay" he says, and returns to texting, when he turns the phone from my view once more, I question, "why you hiding shit?" I laugh.

"Why you pressing me? It don't matter who I'm texting, that got nun to do with you."

"You deadass moe?" I ask.

"Deadass" he laughs, "we not together."

"Word? So what are we?" I inquire, "fuck buddies? Or I'm just your girlfriend when you want me to be?"

He sighs, and sits back down, "it ain't even like that."

"I just know, you ain't no good for me" he adds.

"Nigga what you trynna say?" I laugh.

"Listen baby, I want to, but where I'm at right now? I just can't. I hate to see you down, and I'll be there to pick you up, in any situation... you call me? I'll pull up. You was always so good to me, and Ima ride fa you, but I can't be ya boyfriend" he explains, chuckling.

"You mad weird, cause on another day, this not the shit you be saying, but aight, do you" I say.

"Aye, I love you. & you don't know how it feel to give that love and get it back, but then all these feelings involved, you wasn't supposed to get attached."

"Nah, fuck that Jay. Have fun with whoever you texting, and enjoy your tour." I say, grabbing my coat and stepping out.

508 words .