7.

Georgia's POV

The day had arrived for the annual Cripps-Kelly barbecue. It wasn't really annual but it was just whenever Pat's family came over.

They were here for Pat's game. Josh was also coming cause he asked the club for a short break for this since he was injured from the Darcy incident anyway.

It was taken very seriously amongst the older members of each family. The parents heavily enjoyed the games and drinking on offer.

Before I could enjoy the barbecue with my favourite people, I was doing a photo shoot with Women's Health.

I had been doing photo shoots with them for a while now. I was trying to do more and more modeling this year cause it's something I really enjoy doing. But today, today was the big shoot. I was going to be on the cover of the magazine.

Something I dreamt of ever since I started. It was an amazing opportunity and achievement for me. It was amazing because so many well known models had been on the cover.

I got dressed into some casual clothes. I got in my car, ready to go.

Darcy has an away game this week so he was in Sydney at the moment. Thank god for that.

I drove to the Women's Weekly studios in the city. I was feeling a little bit nervous.

Usually when I felt nervous, I had Pat to calm me down. But in this case, he wouldn't be able to. I hadn't actually told Pat that I was going to be on the cover. We just hadn't had time to catch up. He was busy with Lily and captaining a footy club. I was the least of his worries at the moment.

He liked it when I told him how I was feeling though. It made him feel involved and helpful. But I didn't want to worry him if he had more important things to worry about.

When I got there, I parked in the underground parking and went up the lift to the reception. I walked out to the front desk and she looked up at me straight away. It became surreal that I was about to be on the magazines that thousands of people see everyday.

"Hi, Welcome to Women's Weekly, how can I help you?" She asked me warmly. She had a welcoming smile.

"Hi, I'm Georgia Kelly, I-" I told her but she didn't need to know why I was here cause apparently she knew who I was.

"Yes, right this way Ms.Kelly" she said as she got up from her desk and led me away from reception.

I had been here many times before and the photographer was really nice. Her name is Jess and she went to school with Tash so I knew her before I started shooting with them. I walked with the lady to the photo and dressing room.

It was slightly intimidating being in such a big space with all the focus on me. But I knew I was going to have to get used to it if I wanted to be a model more seriously.

Usually we go out to the beach or another location but they wanted me to come in for today. They had an idea for the cover, I just had to go along with it all.

I walked all the way to the room and then opened the door. Jess was taking some practice shots.

"Jess, Georgia Kelly is here for her shoot" the lady said to Jess. Jess turned around and smiled at me.

"Thanks Lydia" She said, the lady left the room. "How are you Georgia?" She asked me.

"I'm great, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm good, ready to shoot?" She said.

"Yep" I told her excitedly.

"All the hair and makeup people will be here soon" she said.