1.

Georgia's POV

What I fail to do in my day-to-day life is take things less seriously. I always think about the future and whether the guy I know I have feelings for will ever reciprocate my feelings or whether I'll ever amount to anything. These things—these vague dreams and thoughts of mine cause my stomach to churn and my eyes to fill with water droplets. I want to live life for now, not waste my thoughts on the future. For who knows whether i'll even be alive for the moments I dream about.

I was definitely a pessimist. Anyone who knew me extremely well would know that. I torture myself thinking about the little things and spinning them out of control. Imagining the worst possible outcome was something I couldn't control.

The day ahead for example. It was a windy day in Melbourne and I was getting ready in my bathroom to head out soon. I was going to have lunch with Patrick and then I was going to drive him to his game at Marvel stadium. Carlton versus the Western Bulldogs. It was going to be an interesting game. Our good friend Marcus was also playing which really conflicted my emotions. Whenever they played against each other, I tried my best to stay neutral.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Pat's girlfriend Lily was going to be there. I already knew she would take a swing a me. Try to bring me down and push me further away from Pat. It has always been her end goal to end our friendship.

I got myself ready for the day by getting dressed into some comfortable clothes. I was more of a comfy kinda girl rather than a fancy dress girl. As I got myself ready, I mentally prepared myself for what I was going to be put through. And by that, I meant Pat's girlfriend Lily. She despised me for a reason I am yet to figure out. I was pretty certain she only hated me because I was friends with Pat and he trusted me more than her. But in my opinion, that's no reason to hate someone. She's just very good and being a bitch and Pat knows it. He's just so damn attached to her it's unbelievable. I guess everyone is always attached to their first love though. I just didn't want to put up with her bullshit. I was going to support Pat, I was done with her drama.

My roommates Natasha and Grace were out at work so I locked up the house preparing to be out for a while. I put my dog Billie outside and locked the glass screen door. She stared back at me with her puppy dog eyes. It always tempted me to bring her but she couldn't come this time. I walked out the front of the house and got in my black Hyundai. I reversed out of the drive way and began driving to Pat's house. I listened to the radio as I was on my way to Pat's house. They were talking about the game at Marvel and what it meant for both teams. I was feeling excited to watch Pat okay because I hadn't watched him in a while. And Carlton was rapidly improving. That meant the crowds got bigger and bigger every week.

I was picking Pat up so he didn't have to drive back after the game. He usually carpooled with some of his teammates, but since I was going, I offered to take him. It was a 5 minute drive to Pat's house so it didn't take long at all. When I got there I pulled into his drive way carefully minding his neat garden. I beeped the car horn to usher him out of the house. He came out 30 seconds later dressed in his Carlton merchandise and holding his duffel bag with his game equipment. He gave me a quick smile as he walked over to the car. He opened the car door and climbed in with a sour look on his face. He looked exhausted and he hadn't even played yet. He threw his bag in the back and sighed deeply as he shut the car door. I looked at him with confusion. He wasn't usually this out of it when I hung out with him.

"Hey Pat" I said to him, trying to encourage some conversation between us.

"Hey George" he replied as he leaned over the car and gave me a hug.

"You alright?" I asked him attempting to find out why he was acting so distant.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. I've just been so busy lately that I have no time for you and for Lily. And she is definitely not happy about it" he told me. I pulled out of his drive way and began driving our favourite restaurant in the city.