64.

Georgia's POV

I never thought I would find love.

Not because I thought I was unlovable, but because I wasn't sure if I wanted to be loved by anyone else besides him.

Maybe deep down, I knew I was never prepared to give myself to anyone else.

I have had many boyfriends along the way, good and bad. But I always knew something was missing, I always felt empty. I made mistakes along the way. Dated people I probably shouldn't have, just trying to get over him.

But then I just stopped trying. Realising I was never going to find someone who made me feel the way he did. I gave up on dating entirely. Hoping that at some point, we would be together.

And I am so glad I did. Because now, here we were. I found love in the boy I call my best friend.

Sometimes I think about how long it took for us to get to this point. Over 20 years of loving each other but never speaking up.

People might think it would have been better for us, knowing sooner. But not me. I love our story just the way it is.

I almost think if we had been together all of those years ago, we probably never would have lasted. In the time we were apart, we were able to grow into the people we needed to be. Becoming matured versions of our younger selves.

If we had been together any younger, the mistakes made would have had catastrophic effects.

Don't get me wrong, there were so many tears shed over the friendship we had. And gosh it was painful, but I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

I strongly believe that we came together at the most perfect time. And now, we couldn't be more in love with each other.

Our love story wasn't typical, but I think it was perfect in it's own way. And it had only just begun. I had so much time to look forward to sharing with him.

Standing in the very same spot where we shared our first proper kiss, I soaked it all in. Wrapped in his arms, taking in his warmth, the happiness radiated off of me, even in the pouring rain.

The Uber driver left just after our little moment. Once Pat got my bags out and I apologised for the inconvenience. The car sped off in a hurry. Not mad about any of it, he simply just went about the rest of his day.

I liked to believe he was happy about being present for such an important event. A defining moment in two peoples lives, two complete strangers to him.

Something about the smile plastered on his face told me that he was feeling the love just as much as we were.

As soon as he was gone, our focus fell back on each other. Embracing one another in the tightest of hugs. I never wanted to leave. I wanted to stay in this moment, savouring every second of it.

But Pat suddenly let go from the hug, releasing his grip and focusing his energy on holding my hands. Placing both hands in his, I looked up at him anticipating his next move. Wondering what the cause of disturbance was.

We stood close in proximity, neither of us daring to move. I just stared as he smiled down at me. He then took a large step back, but refused to let go of my hands.

Then stepping forward, prompting some sort of impromptu dance which would typically embarrass me.

"What are you doing?" My eyes widened as I shook my head in disapproval.

"Come on" He encouraged me playfully, starting to move us around the pavement.

I shook my head again, hesitant to give in to him, but of course I did. How could I ever use the word 'no' around him ever again. I took one look at his face and all I wanted to do was say yes.