59.

Georgia's POV

The already thin breaths leaving my throat begin to hitch.

As if my tears were gasoline and he lit them with a lighter. A salty inferno began to burn my cheeks.

It dripped down to my chest followed by a searing ambience settling in my heart. The blazing sensation being possibly the worst pain I've felt in my life.

I just stand there in shock, trying to figure out why he did this to me.

"Oh" I replied simply, wanting to run away and hide myself for the rest of eternity.

"George I'm sorry" He apologised, but it meant nothing to me. Nothing he said meant anything to me anymore.

This was our end.

"Just don't call me that okay" I spat at him, shaking my head as the thoughts ran wild. My walls had gone up in a matter of seconds. All the trust was gone. He had broken my heart, in a cruel, twisted set of circumstances.

"Don't be like that" He stepped forward, making up the distance I stretched between us.

"Just leave me alone Pat, okay?" I said irritably and ran off, leaving behind tears and pieces of a shattered heart.

In just a few minutes, everything we had was up in flames. No water this time, to extinguish it.

All that remains now is smoke and charcoal of what once was.

...........

Pat's POV

There she goes.

As my hands drop to my sides, I realise tears had also fallen from my eyes. The tears mold into their lousy teardrop shape, soon after, breaking the shape and falling down my face.

I kept wiping them away but they only fell harder. Blurring my vision of her and drying up my throat.

What have I done?

Was this really happening?

Had I just made a mistake I couldn't take back?

There were so many things running through my mind in that moment. I felt trapped, unable to move from the spot I was in. Just waiting for this nightmare to end, but it never did.

I heard chatter from behind me but I didn't turn to see what it was about. Then the voices became louder, but still, I chose not to move.

"Nice going" The bitter voice said as I saw Marcus and Josh walk past and nudge me. Josh began to run after her, but Marcus stopped and scowled down on me.

"Marcus you know she's better off without me" I rebutted, defending my decision entirely, even though there were still doubts.

"That is not your decision to make Pat! And you've been in love with Georgia since you were a kid" He growled at me angrily, his frustrations were clear and I agreed with everything he was saying. He was right, but I couldn't go back now.

"I can't keep hurting her Marcus. If we went down that road and something went wrong, what then? That would be it for us"I explained to him, trying to get him to understand before he punched me in the face.

"I guess she was prepared to take that risk" He suggested, his expression didn't change. I knew he was mad at me. But no more than I was at myself.

"Well maybe I'm not" I exclaimed, projecting my worries onto him. It was true. Maybe I wasn't willing to lose our friendship at the risk of a relationship breaking down.