XV

Jace Stark's POV

Wealth, power, money, sex, women, good looks, you name it. I have it all.
Women run to me, desperately wanting to be in my arms, men hate me, envy me, want to be me, at the same time. I'm an interesting man, a catch, I know and I take advantage of it. I built this company out of nothing and gained my wealth through my hard work, so it's something I'm proud of. Each and every day.

When it comes to women, I don't really pay much attention to them because they just want me for one thing, money. I don't impress women, women impress me, but after taking to Ms. Hamilton, something has changed. Whiles talking to her, I wanted to make sure I wasn't saying the wrong things, as though her opinion mattered to me. What she thought and how she saw me, all those were important to me. Which has never happened before. I am not the type of man to care about what people think. Truly, I didn't care. I did what I had to do without blinking or thinking twice, but with her it felt different, and I just don't know why. Maybe it was because she was pushy and straight to the point. I feel slightly guilty, something I make people feel, not something I feel. I hate my personal life in the media, already I can't breathe because of the paparazzi and now this. Telling her I'm a playboy, use and throw, will most definitely raise eyebrows. I'm intrigued by her, her confidence, smart mouth, I'm impressed, I mostly intimidate people, but with her is different. She was not even fazed, and that pulls me in, weirdly.

I have to see her again.