|FIFTEEN|

Unknown Apologies

*Jimin's POV*

"Wh-what? I've never broken our promises."

I stared at her in bewilderment. She shook her head around like a toddler with something in her mouth, refusing to spit it out.

"You promised you'd catch me. That you wouldn't let go. But you did let me go. And you huuuuurt me, Jiminiminie."

I sat, racking my brain for any such promise. Sure enough, back at the light post, I promised her that very thing. But why bring that up now? She must've noticed my puzzled look.

"In class, rememmmmber?"

I shook my head slowly while maintaining eye contact with her. I watched her heart drop right in front of me.

"You let me leave the class roooom. You're supposed to stay wiff me. Forevererrr and awways."

I gave her a sad smile. "I know. Don't worry. From now on, I'll be by your side."

She smiled and leaned back onto my extended arm, pushing me back with her onto the pillows. She turned her body slightly so that she was facing me. Her eyes searched my own with obvious urgency and desire. I felt myself soften the longer that she stared at me. I studied her face as she watched mine. Suddenly, something disturbed the stillness. Her lips began to move again.

"Jimin? Can I tell you something?" She asked, gliding her fingers softly against the rise of my chest.

It...tickled.

Her eyes peeled away from mine so she was looking at my chest instead. I smiled kindly at her.

"Anything at all." She smiled.

"I think....I think I l-"

The sound of the door clicking, interrupted me and Sang-Hee's peaceful state.

Both of our attentions snapped over to see Yoongi, looking as if he was trying to sneak in inconspicuously. It didn't work.

"Heyyyy guys. Sorry. I was just....um...."

I could tell he was trying to come up with a crappy excuse to eavesdrop on us, but I let it pass.

"It's fine, hyung." I sighed and looked back at Sang-Hee. "What were you saying?"

She smiled almost sadly at me and shrugged. "It was nothing. Forget it."

I noticed the twinge of hurt in her voice. It hurt me.

"You're sure?"

She shut her eyes softly and nodded her head slightly. She leaned her head back on my shoulder.

"Just stay with me...please?"

In response, I enveloped her body into a comfortable, warm embrace. Her head pressed against my chest, my head resting against the top of hers resulting in a peaceful stilless.

"Don't let me go, Jiminie." Her muffled voice vibrated against me, sending shivers along my spine. I smiled and pet her hair.