|FOURTEEN|

Bumps and Bruises

*Jimin's POV*

It's been 20 minutes since Sang-Hee ran out of class to get some paper towels for the mess she made.

The mess that I technically created.
I made a mistake.
I never finished my last statement.

So now everyone in class, including Sang-Hee herself, thinks that my favorite thing to do is Sang-Hee.

That's not what I meant to say.

There was WAYYYY more to that sentence. But I just never got to finish it. And maybe I never will.

My point still stands.

It's been 20 minutes and class is almost over. Most teachers would just assume she didn't want to be in class so she ditched.

But me and Namjoon know.
Something's not right here.

I asked him for a bathroom pass and he knowingly gave me one. He continued teaching his class as I walked towards the door. I skimmed my eyes around the room before leaving. Something caught my eye. A girl's side profile.

I didn't hear her introduction, but I know I know that face. From somewhere...Oh! I was probably in class with her last semester.

Duhhh.

I turned back around and started out the door. But yet again, something told me to take a second look. So I did so.

Everything looks normal to me. The girl's hands are shoved in the pockets of her sweater as she sits listening to her teacher in understanding.

I shrugged and ran out of the room to find my best friend. . .who's also my girlfriend for the week. . . who's also my target.

Would it really be bad if something bad truly did happen to her?
Maybe not for the company.
But for me?
I don't think I could live.
I don't want to live here without her.

I know it sounds weird. Sure, maybe you think I lived my life just fine before she got here. But the truth is, she's making me open my eyes to things I didn't even know I was missing.

If she....if she got hurt, I don't know what I would do. I ran throughout the hallways, between the lockers, inside the gym. I searched everywhere for her.

Maybe she went home?

It seems odd, but it's a possibility that doesn't make me panic nearly as much.

Suddenly a scream sounded. I ran towards the source of the shriek, stopping as I reached the girls' restroom. Out ran a girl in a frenzy.

"Is everything alright?" I asked her.

"Th-there's a girl in there. She's been beat up bad. And I mean so bad, I can't even tell who it is. I'm calling the principal."

Before I could even stop the girl, she ran off in panic. My conscience told me to go inside. I mean, no one else is in there. Just take a look at whoever it is that's in there. What if she needs help?