|THIRTEEN|

Bend and Break

*Sang-Hee's POV*

"This is not the way it was supposed to be. That couldn't really be him, right? You guys saw him. You know it's not really him, right??"

I was getting paranoid. I looked around at the three boys' empty faces around me in the equally empty library. My tears had dried on my face and I didn't even care about how crusty I must look. At this point, I just need some closure.

I rested my head on the familiar shoulder from before. I feel emotionally drained.

This is the second time I've cried today. I swear, if this keeps up I'll be labeled a crybaby for the rest of my life.

My head throbbed from the amount of things going through my head, sucking up all the energy I had left.

I have half my body weight pressed against Jimin. The fact that he's not even phased would've puzzled me had I not been thinking about myself for once.

But yet, here we are.

I heard tapping on the doorframe of the library but I was far too exhausted to turn to greet whoever it was.

"Hey, Sang-Hee. Can I come in?"

I inhaled deeply as soon as he spoke. As if I could inhale his voice so that it'd never leave me again.

Yes, you can come in.
Yes, you can stay with me.
Yes, we can live forever together.
Yes, yes, yes.
We can finally be free...but-

"Do as you wish, Felix."

I nestled my head against Jimin's neck, feeling his arm wrap around me and pull me tighter into his embrace. I felt my face heat up as his fingers danced lightly across my lower back. I smiled and stifled a small giggle.

"Uhhh...is it by any chance possible for us to talk? Preferably privately?"

I got his hint and started to back away from Jimin. As I did so, his hold on me tightened ever so slightly.

"I'll wait for you here. We all will." He whispered before letting me go completely.

I nodded and brought my head to look down at my feet as I approached Felix.

"Follow me." He said, leading me out of the library, separating me from my group.

I watched Jimin's face as I left the room. He seemed forlorn, but there was also something else.
Anger?
Jealousy, maybe?
Whatever it was, it made my heart drop down to the pit of my stomach.

I flashed him a reassuring smile. "I'll be right back." I mouthed before leaving the room entirely, trailing after my ex-boyfriend.

He led me into one of the classrooms and spun me around to face him.

Neither of us spoke. We just stood in awkward silence. Eventually, the silence was killing me so I asked the question that had been burning scars in my mind consistently.

"Why didn't you come back?"

I stared coldly at the floor beneath my inward turned feet. I heard him sigh sadly.