|TWO|

Come On In

*Jimin's POV*

I saw headlights shine across my room through my window as I shut my textbooks and put them away in my bookbag.

That must be them.
Time to face your foe.

I peek out of my still open window and watch as a big fancy car creeps up into my neighbors' driveway.

I squint in a valid attempt to see whoever it was.
Yah!
A failed attempt.

The driver drove up into the garage and shut the garage door behind the car.

I slumped into my swivel chair again in defeat, only to shoot right back up onto my feet as I watched the garage door open back up again.

The same car backed out, shut the garage door, and drove off. Not to be seen again.

What the-?

My curiosity began to get the better of me. I pouted as I studied the house.

I grabbed my work notebook and a pen off my desk and wheeled myself forward so that I was almost outside on my balcony.

I waited in anticipation for any changes in or around the house that would give me signal that somebody is in this house.

As I continued to scan the building, something caught my eye.
A light switch must have been turned on.

I felt a little chill of excitement run through my body and I chewed anxiously on my thumbnail.

Here it is.
The moment of truth.

Someone was walking towards the window directly across from mine.

Uhoh. This might be a problem.

The window opens and...I see......her.

*Sang-Hee's POV*

The driver literally dropped me off in the house.

Okay.
I'm gonna be totally honest.

When I said I wanted to be free I didn't mean I wanted to be completely cut loose to fend for myself.
I don't know the first thing of living on my own.

I sigh deeply as the garage door closes again in front of me, sealing up the air between me and the probably long gone driver.

I grabbed hold of my single suitcase and lugged my way up the stairs.

I groan as I realize all the hard work it would take to update and decorate the interior design of this bland house.

Not gonna lie, the house itself looks really pretty.
It's just kinda...bleh.

I walked over to a partly opened door and pushed the door open completely, revealing a cozy little room. I flicked on the light.

Perfect.

There's already a bed and mattress in here.

Yes! That's one less thing I'll have to purchase from the store.

Oh, God.
That's the other thing.
Money.

I need to find a way to make money to start paying for things. Fast. And I still have to go to school.

I shook off the thought.
Those can wait. I just got here.

I slowly made my way over to a window near the back of the room. I peeled back the little curtains and push the window doors open.

I shut my eyes to inhale the scent of fresh air and lightly sigh at the nostalgic feeling I received.

I gradually open my eyes back up again only to be greeted by a rather pleasing sight before me.

A handsome boy (seemingly around my age) sat in a swivel office-like chair on the balcony opposite of me.

My eyes scan his flawless facial features and strong body structure.

Hey! No! We are definitely not doing this again. You can look, but no touching.

But, then.
He addressed me.

"You must be the new neighbor. I'm Park Jimin. But you can just c-call me Jimin."

He had a sweet little stutter when he spoke. Although that could just be because of the chilly atmosphere outside.

I saw a smile flash across his lips and for a second, I could have sworn I saw dimples complimenting the corners of his mouth.

Nope. Stay calm. Remember what happened last time?

I took a breath and returned a sweet and innocent smile.

"Nice to meet you, Jimin. Choi Sang-Hee."

I looked down at his hands to see a notebook sitting in his lap.

"Oh! Do you attend the school here?"

He looked a little shook. "Huh? How did you-?"

"Your notebook." I giggled at his little taken aback expression.

"Ohhh. Yeah. Tomorrow's my first day back and I'm cramming my mind to get everything done."

I leaned against the balcony's sturdy banister as if that would help me communicate with this boy better.

"Well, do you need some help? I was the top student at my old school before I moved."

I watched the boy hesitate for a hot minute. I noticed that he had been writing something down in his notebook. He must be a very reliable student.

"Actually? I could really use some help. If you don't m-mind coming over. B-but I get it if...if you don't want to since we're p-practically strangers-"

"I'm there!"

Without a second more, I shut the window and blasted my way down the steps with a smile on my face. I rushed out the door and ran to my new neighbor's front door. I adjusted my skirt and jacket before knocking on the door lightly.

Almost immediately, the door swung open. Much to my surprise, the boy before me was only slightly taller than I am myself.

He's even cuter up close.

Sorry. I'm just stating straight up facts at this point.

"Come on in, Sang-Hee."

Okay maybe I'm being paranoid, but I could have sworn he swooned as he said my name.

AN// Okay. For the record, things are about to heat up like crazy so get ready. Remember, if you're slightly confused that's alright. You're supposed to be. However, if you need me to clear up anything don't hesitate to ask me.

WC: 940