|THREE|

Typical

*Jimin's POV*

Oh, man.
The target's kinda cute.
This can't be happening.
And now I've invited the sly snake into my safe place that I call home.
Okay, stay calm.
Time to double down and find out who this chick really is and what exactly it is that she wants.

"Are you thirsty? Or maybe hungry? I'm sure your trip must have been long."

I tried starting up smalltalk on the way into my kitchen.

"Sure! The trip wasn't that long. It was just kind of boring without anybody else to talk to."

I opened up the fridge and pulled out two banana milks and set them up on the kitchen counter behind me. I started scrounging through the cabinets in search for snacks.

"So are you here alone?" I asked her, keeping my undivided attention ahead of me.

"Well...yes. I'm having to figure out how to take care of myself."

I nodded my head in understanding and pulled down a box of Cheez-its and an unopened package of candies. As I made my way to the pantry, Sang-Hee followed me.

"What about you?" she asked.

"What about me?" I reached up to grab something just out of reach on the top shelf.

"Do you live here alone?"

I continued reaching for the bag of chips. "Yeah. I do. It's not always so bad."

Sang-Hee seemed a little uncomfortable watching me struggle to grab a bunch of potato chips. She stepped forward and tapped me on my shoulder.

"Hey, I can reach those if you give me a lift."

I gulped and nodded again, looking down at her long, slender legs.

Oof.

I kneeled down and she jumped up piggyback style onto my back. I decided to pick up where I left off in our chitchat.

"Sometimes it's better when you're with the people that you love than off on your own."

I set her carefully back down on her feet and she placed the chips with the other study supplies on the counter.

"Do you love someone?" She randomly asked out of the blue.

I looked up at her and locked her gaze.
She seemed to be glaring into my soul.
Her cool blue eyes had flames burning behind the peaceful facade.

I swallowed the saliva that was building up underneath my tongue in my mouth.

"Um, no. Not anymore. You?"

Suddenly her eyes got dark. Her whole body language sent off a depressing vibe my way. She shook her head slowly. "No. I don't."

She snapped her eyes back up on me. "What do you mean not anymore?"

I sighed and grabbed some of the items off the counter as I headed up the stairs with Sang-Hee trailing closely behind me.

"I found out she only wanted me for fame."

"Fame?"

I briefly explained my previous situation without going too far into detail.

"I was considered one of the most popular people at school for the longest time being. I thought she loved me for me. But all she wanted was attention. So once she got the recognition she believed she wholeheartedly deserved, she dropped me like a sick beat."

"Ouch. That's tuff. I'm really sorry, Jimin." We reached my room.

"Don't be. She obviously wasn't the one for me."

She nodded. "I'm sure you'll find someone better. I mean, just look at yourself."

I noticed she leaned back to examine me. I tensed up a bit as she continued.

"You've got a really nice face and an equally nice body. Not to mention, from what I can already tell, you're really kind and probably a sweet lover. Honestly? You're the spitting image of boyfriend material."

I saw her face grow pale as she realized what she had just said to a stranger.

I let out a little laugh that had been formed somewhere in the back of my throat.

"Am I your boyfriend material?" I bit my lower lip a little bit.

Crap.
Too forward, man. Too forward.
Control your hormones.
Don't forget: she could be potentially dangerous.

She awkwardly laughed and changed the subject. I don't know why, but that kind of hurt me.

"So where do you want to start working?" I could obviously tell she's slightly blushing, but I ignored it.

"Uhhh how about at my desk?"

In response, she placed the bag of chips on the desk and sat in my swivel chair. My shoulders tensed up.

"Um actually that's my- Nevermind."

I leaned against my desk and rummaged through my papers, still wondering why she had dodged my question.

Am I being a typical boy in a typical world?

WC: 773

AN: Sorry for the extremely boring and SHORT chapter. I'm trying to slowly build up to a climax instead of pushing y'all down a shallow hill. So please bare with me as this story grows and hopefully gets better. I hope you all like where it goes. Apologies in advance for what I may or may not be including in the next few chapters 😖