I took a deep breath and ventured inside, pushing the door open. I stopped in my tracks, taking in the dreadful sight laid out before me.

The once perfectly polished white tile wall was now smeared with red liquid. So was the floor. I neared a closed stall. I quickly noticed the floor was also extremely wet as I nearly slipped backwards, busting myself. I knocked on the stall, resulting in no answer.

So I shoved the door open and gasped. I studied the girl lying there and nearly cried out in pain myself.

"Sang-Hee."

She lay motionless on the blood-smeared flooring, curled up in a tight ball with her eyes tightly closed and her chapped lips partly open.

My heart moved before my feet did and before I knew it, Sang-Hee was in my arms bridal-style. Her body was sticky from the blood that had gushed out of her cuts and scabs. I fought to hold back my own tears as I rushed out of the restroom, out of the school, and ran to the hospital.

Thankfully, the hospital is only a few blocks away from the school

Thankfully, the hospital is only a few blocks away from the school. I looked down into the beaten-up, bruised face of the limp girl in my arms.

"You're gonna be okay baby. You're gonna be okay."

I was more reassuring myself than her. I've seen people after fights - even the worst of its kind. But I've never seen a victim look so messed up, so lifeless, so pain-stricken as Sang-Hee does right this moment. I brought my eyes back up and sprinted into the hospital building to the front desk.

"Please. You gotta help her. I think she was in a fight. I found her in the bathroom of my school like this. Please?"

The lady receptionist nodded her head. "What's the patient's name?"

"Sang-Hee..." I looked down into her peaceful, resting face and smiled only slightly. "Choi Sang-Hee."