#imagine for @Rotem_Azulay

The clock was ticking. A room full of people behaving disorderly, stumbling, laughing, crying. All getting crazy under the alcohol of course; more and more being rapidly consumed by the second. It was hot, all the friends and random strangers around her hugging and singing and laughing. YN rolled her eyes with a lazy giggle, sweeping a strand of her short brown hair from her face. She felt herself getting slightly tipsy as the vodka and sugar from the sweet burning beverage started to rush to her brain. The clock was ticking to 12am. The lighting was dark, a few skylights glowing in the expensively posh hired room. Other socialising together, holding cups and glasses of drink swirling around inside. YN and a friend scanned the room, commenting on all the good looking lads that hung around. A few hung onto other girls, nuzzling their lips into their necks. Her eyes was only stuck on one particular person though.

She leant back against the hard wall, holding a glass close to her chest. The beat of music pulsed through the room, excited squeals and shouts filling up the air too as it got closer to 12 oclock. YN kept her eyes focused on him. Watching as he raised the brown bottle to his lips, his throat muscles shifting as he swallowed. Chesnut brown locks arranged perfectly messy and crystal blue irises visible from the short distance. She knew Jay; she was friends with him. But was pretty certain he was unaware of her crush on him. They hung out together sometimes, with other people; just as friends. But there was one time, they had shared a kiss. YN beat herself constantly for not being sober at the time and having no recollection of it. She’d only been told, it was a drunk peck on the lips. But in her head, any kiss with Jay would mean more to her than it did to him.

He slowly made his way over as the long hand of the clock reached further and further to twelve. She noticed he was getting closer gradually, and continued her conversations with friends. Jay glanced over and gave her a wink as other people began rushing around with streamers and party poppers, looking for a certain someone. YN felt a spark of nerves in her stomach as she realised everyone would get a midnight kiss. Her friend wondered over to her boyfriend, wrapping an arm around his neck as someone shouted

“Two minutes!”

Her heart thumped a little as she realised she was alone; totally aware out the corner of her eye that Jay was approaching. She glanced up as he neared, seeing his dimples as a grin spread across his face. Tom passed, a friend of Jay’s, patting him on the shoulder for a minute of pointless chat. Jay laughed through their private banter, his deep laugh making YN smile to herself. She felt her palms beginning to sweat slightly as she clung to her glass, keeping it held close to her chest. She suspected why Jay came over now, and felt a wave of nerves and excitement twanging at the pit of her stomach. Jay turned back to her as Tom walked off. He put his hand on the wall above her head, his arm straightened out as he balanced into it. She could hear people counting down from ten in the background but her concentration was fully on the curly haired beauty standing so close to her. The corners of his mouth twitched into a small smirk as he connected his brown eyes with her brown.

Jay gave her a cheesy smile as he draped both arms around her waist, pulling her torso into his. He was such a joke, a flirt, all the time. Even with his best friends; if they were female. She automatically smiled back, struggling not to seem too enthusiastic and bit down on the inner of her bottom lip. It was a matter of seconds now until 12 oclock. Heart thudding she centered her focus and attention to what was before her. He was so close. Jay inched his lips to hers, tilting his head to the left slightly. The shouts of people around were just noise to her now.

“5, 4, 3”

YN swallowed her nervous excitement, fluttered her eyelids shut and allowed herself to get lost in the feel of Jay’s lips colliding with hers. The sounds of streamers, bangs of party poppers and cheers of party guests filled the air. She could hear fireworks exploding, shooting across the sky just outside, banging, sizzling and popping. Nothing compared to the fireworks going off inside her. Her hand travelled up around Jay’s neck, entangling her fingertips into his curls. After a few more seconds, he pulled away, another grin spreading across his features.

“Wow” she whispered under her breath, Jays face still lingering close to hers.

“Happy new year” he breathed, a cheesy smile appearing, his dimples and pearly white teeth on show. YN softly chuckled to herself, and Jay kept her in his close hold.

“What’s your resolution?” he asked

“Urm…I don’t have one! What’s yours?”

“…To end the year the same way I started it” he smiled. YN took a second to register what he meant, and felt her cheeks flushing slightly.

“Uh…” she stuttered, unsure of how to respond. Jay looked at her questioningly, hoping she knew what he was saying.

“Be mine YN?”

YN chuckled at his cuteness and placed a single kiss on his lips.

“That answer your question?”