#imagine for @AmyM_TheWanted

Its from Max's POV... :)

I watched her as she lay in bed sleeping. I’d already managed to forget everything I was going to say. I got up and showered, running through my lines over and over again. Just as I was about to say my most important words I heard the bed creaking and her walking in, grabbing her bath cloth and running warm water over it. I peeked through a crack in the shower curtain, watching how she wiped at the corners of her mouth and under her eyes. She picked up her toothbrush and happened to glance at the shower, catching me looking.

“Well hey babe.” She said with a stuffed mouth. She laughed then spit out the toothpaste, walking over to the shower as I stepped out, wrapping a towel around my waist.

She pulled me to her, planting kisses on my lips, neck, and chest. She was driving me crazy. I took hold of her face, hoping to control myself long enough to get out my words. “Come on babe, lay with me.” I whispered, kissing her lips once more.

She grinned and ran over to the bed, climbing in the middle of it and waiting for me. Her face was disappointed when I removed my towel and replaced it with my underwear. I crawled into bed, sitting across from her. “You don’t want me right now do you?” She asked, running her hands over my chest. She knew exactly what to do to make me yearn for her.

I sighed and grabbed her hand, pressing my mouth to her wrist. “Of course I do. I just think we need to talk for a minute.” I said. My voice began to tremble then. I had no idea how she’d respond to me. “Listen, you know you’re amazing right.” I stated.

She interrupted me then. “Max.” She said, trying to distract me again. She pressed her lips to mine, attempting to climb on top of me.

When I pushed her away she pouted as though she were about to throw a temper tantrum. “YN, let me just say what I’ve gotta say then I’ll do whatever you want me to.” I said. “Okay, so you’re amazing, and beautiful, and intelligent, and perfect. I know we have our problems but you know I want you forever. Yeah, I’ll be out on the road and it’ll be hard but I want this. I was kind of hoping that you’d marry me.” I continued, reaching into my pocket and pulling out the little blue box with an ivory ribbon wrapped around it. The ring was both simple and extravagant, a square diamond posted on top of a silver back wrapped in more small diamonds.

Her mouth dropped open at my words and I knew what was coming next. I reached for her left hand and slid the ring on her finger. Tears began to stream down her cheeks and I smiled. This was the only time I was okay with making her cry. She didn’t say yes but she didn’t have to. I knew she was mine and that I was hers. There was no question about that. I ran my thumb over her finger and pressed my lips to hers again, knowing she was the one.