Capítulo Treinta y Seis

Start from the beginning

Ameena promptly gets up with me and silently glares at Noah.

"But, obviously, not yet," She reassures me, patting my shoulder.

I shake my head, narrowing my eyes and shrugging off Ameena's hand.

"I'm not going back to her," I hiss. Noah also stands up.

"Xanthe, she's your mother, she knows what's best for--"

"No, Noah. She just wants to own everything. You know she's plotting Arsen's death right this minute?! And I wouldn't be surprised if she was plotting mine, too," I tell him, shaking my head furiously.

"Wait," Jax stands up.

"Shut up," Ameena and Noah say at the same time.

"Xanthe, there's a reason why Arsen wants you, and even we don't know that yet," Ameena says.

"It could be bad," Noah tells me.

"And dangerous," Xander adds.

"Guys," Jax calls.

Everyone sighs. "What?"

"We could send Xanthe to her mom--"

"No." That was me.

"--BUT, we get her to suck up to Melissa so that she'll tell Xanny what she's planning to do. We might even know what Max is up to. I mean, the whole point of bringing Xanthe into our gang was to get rid of Max, right? We send her undercover."

I furrow my eyebrows. "That's actually a good idea," I say, contemplating.

I only said that because I don't want to stay with that witch until I graduate. Which I probably won't.

"We're not in a movie, Jax, we don't go undercover. We do everything with guns," Xander says, throwing back his jacket to reveal the pistol and winking at me.

Noah and Kade roll their eyes.

"No, Jax might be onto something," Noah says. "Xander, throw me that USB," He points to the USB sitting in its place next to the microwave.

I always wondered why that was there.

Xander narrows his eyes and grabs it before chucking it at Noah, who catches it swiftly.

"Xanthe," I turn to him. "We're sending you undercover." He holds up the hard drive.

I clear my throat as he passes me it.

"Um, Noah, this is a USB."

He smiles. "Exactly. Look, this button at the side, if you press it, the drive will start recording everything that's being said or is going on. Just put it in a pocket--"

"Or in your bra," Jax smirks. We ignore him.

"--or anywhere else, and it'll capture signs of what might be detectable. Trust me, it's good."

I take it from him, my mouth an 'O' as I examine it.

"What else do you guys have?" I ask.

They all share a look, and a small smile spreads across Ameena's face.

"Follow me," She says. I raise an eyebrow as everyone rushes into the direction of the basement.

I've never been in there.

We hurry down the stairs, but Noah suddenly puts up two fingers to shush us. He points to a door where we can hear voices - Don and his gang.

He points to our feet and lifts a finger to his lips, telling us to walk quietly. We nod and tiptoe past.