Whats so Funny?

Newt and I sit down, in front of each other as Newt gets ready to leave with Thomas. The sun setting, letting in the last bit of orange and pink flood into the little windows, allowing me to fully see Newts face. It's been awhile since I have been able to just observe, not that I want to observe Newt 24/7 it's just that, when I look at him I get a calm feeling and when he's gone, its like I lose a part of myself. His face looks a little paler than usual, a little sick more than anything but I come to the conclusion that it's just tiredness.

“Before I leave, let me check on the bite. Make sure your not infected.” Says Newt, making me look into his eyes. My heart rate begins to speed up at the thought of me being infected. “How about we check when you get back? I don't think I wanna know yet.” I say, forcing a slight smile. Newt nods slowly, looking at me with somber eyes. I look away from his gaze not being able to hold it any longer. I look up at the sound of the others entering the room. Gally, leading everyone else in kneels down onto the middle of the floor, and lifts a sewer grate that I didn't even realise was there. Newt and I stand from our original position and go over to the now gaping hole in the middle of the ground. Next to me kneels Frypan, looking down the hole.

Gally brings a ladder over to the hole, slowly and carefully placing it into the hole. Newt walks away, patting Frys shoulder slightly before slipping his jacket on that was previously slung across the chair.

He sits down on the chair and begins to tie his shoelaces, stopping to grab a hold of his wrist. I look at his face and see it screwed up in pain, as if his wrist had caused him trouble. I look back at the hole when I hear Frypan speak.

“Take care of these two.” He says to Gally, referring to Thomas and Newt, who were going down with him to figure out a plan. Gally nods in agreement before slinging his legs off the edge of the hole, his hands gripping onto the ladder before he descends into darkness. Thomas waits and allows Gally to fully make it down the ladder before descending down the ladder himself. I look at Newt as he walks towards the hole, he looks at me and I offer him a smile, he looks back at the hole without returning the gesture, causing my heart to hurt a little bit from his rude response.

“See you when you get back.” I say, before Newt descends down the ladder.

. . . .. .. . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .  . . .. . . . . . . .

“How's the bite?” I hear a voice question, I turn around in my seat and meet eyes with Brenda. I smile at her, before letting it slowly disappear. I follow her figure as she walks over to a chair near me, sitting down. She looks at me expectantly, waiting for my answer. I shrug slightly, causing my shoulder to slightly flare up in pain before slowly going away.

“Is it bandaged?” She asks, I shake my head, letting out a audible sigh as well. “The people here don't know about the bite, I was able to get them to stitch my arm up though, as well as my leg.” I say, looking on the bright side of things. “What happened to you leg?” She asks, I realize she wasn't there when I got the wound. “After the crash I tried to climb out of a broken window and a shard of glass cut through.” I share with her, letting a small laugh escape my lips. We sit in silence for a little before Brenda finally breaks the silence.

“Let me wrap it, we don't want you to get a blood infection or something.” She says, standing before I can protest. She walks away, disappearing into the slight darkness for a little before she returns, a first aid kit in hand. She shakes it around a little,  jokingly before continuing back to her seat. She sits back down before opening up the first aid kit, shuffling through it she pulls out a bandage and what looks like some sort of rubbing alcohol. She scoots her chair slightly closer to me before asking me to pull my shirt down my shoulder, so she can see the bite on my left collar bone. I nod before pulling down the shirt, going about half way down my bicep before I stop.