Safe Haven.

You are awoken by violent shaking of your body and muffled yells calling your name. You open your eyes wildly in shock to see Eric and Aaron the only othet two people who survived the maze other than yourself. You look at them in confusion as they start yelling 'WE HAVE TO GO' looking up at Eric I see a hand reach over Eric shoulder pulling him out of the helicopter motioning for him to run into the building. Aaron jumps out after Eric still looking behind him occasionally making sure im at least making an effort to run. Realizing the urgency of the situation I sit up quickly but clearly not quick enough as I am dragged out of the helicopter and am practically dragged on the ground towards what looked like a facility. Looking behind the man who is dragging me i hear agonizing shreiks of pain and terror. Not knowing where the sorce of the sound is coming from as it sounds like its coming from all directions. I am dragged into a large building. I watch people shooting at what seems to be nothing, while I see others running toward sthe door for dear life. The door shuts before anyone could run in. Still trying to comprehend what you have just heard and saw you and the others are rushed to a large storage room for what the masked men says to be a 'Saftey Precaution'. They quickly close the door before I assume we jump to any conclusions. Looking around the mostly dark room we see a spot light shining directly onto a HUGE buffet filled with plenty of food. There Ham, Turkey, Mac and Cheese and so much more. Aaron is the first one to jump on the feast, Eric following soon after. I hesitate at first but soon go and join the boys in the feast fit for a king. As soon as I take a bite of the food i feel all my worries widle away. Everyone smiling we soon all break into laughter as a sort of relief laugh.

"This is way better than Nathaniels cooking." Says Aaron as he gobbles down another piece of turkey. Chuckling Eric and I nod in agreement.

We sit there eating in silence for a good 15 minutes. As some sort of way to break the silence I feel Mac and Cheese fall onto my face and slowmy drop down off of my face and onto my lap. In shock I look up and see Eric and Aaron burst i to laughter. Before they could laugh another second I get pay back.

"YOU ASS!" I scream laughing as I throw Mac and Cheese i to both of there faces not knowing who threw the mac and chees at me. As if in shock Aaron throws some back and Eric soon joins but this time throwing it at Aaron.I hop out of the chair and start grabbing pieces of turkey and throwing them at them.

"Whos laughing now?" I say as I throw more and more turkey at the two jerks. We all break into laughter as i fall to the floor slipping on mac and cheese.
"Fuck off" i say as I get off of the ground. We all settle down and after enjoyin our feast and small food fight, we sit down against some boxes tbat are stacked against the counter. Us still laughing I notice Erics smile slowly fade.

"As that food was the best food from what I can remember I have ever had, I would have rather been eating Nathaniels stew." He huffs out a chuckle still looking down at his fingers as the twirl around eachother.
"Your right." Responds Aaron."But the past is in the past, we dont even know if hes dead..." I look up at Aaron with a sorrow grin.
"Remember when-" im suddenly cut off by the sound of the door opening. We all stand up instantly looking up at the door.

"Hello." Says a man standing in tge doorway. As we rise we look at eachother in confusion and reassurance that this is a good idea. He waves us over. I lead the way towards the door way.

"The names Jenson." He says as we reach the door "sorry for putting you in here by the way. Just a breach." He says. I look at him confused.

"What do you mean by breach?" I ask looking into his eyes. He seems to avoid my question as he waves for us to follow him out of the room.
'that was strange' I think before leading the two boys out of the room following Jenson.

"What is this place?" I ask as we all walk through a facility of some sort, im pretty much dodging sparks from construction equipment.

"Its a safe haven from the schorch." He responds. He turns around to look at us walking backwards. "And I run it."

"Safe Haven, you mean away from WICKED?" Asks Eric as he pushes his way past me.

"Affirmative." He responds. "WICKED is a bad group of people, so after we figured out what their plans were for the kids we have had a mission to bring kids here, where its safe. And where they will never be stuck inside another Maze. Ever.Again." he says before finally turning back around with his back facing us. I can hear Eric and Aaron cheer quitley as they feel they are finally safe.
'Theres something about this place that makes me feel uneasy..' I think as we are lead into a cafeteria full of kids. We look around in shock.

"Wow..." Says Aaron. "All of these kids were in a maze?" Adds Eric

Jenson just nods in agreement.

"They dont bite. Go take a seat." Says Jenson."your new life begins now" Jenson walks away and stands infront of the whole cafeteria. We chose a seat next a kid who is alone with his hoodie up. I look around the room as I am still cautious about this place.

"Your new lives start today. Some will be chosen to go to a far away farm where they will be safe and whwre WICKED will never find you." Says Jenson as he lifts a clipboard up to his face. He starts naming names.

"Sasha." Says Jenson. I look to the right of me and see a fair skin gurl stand up high fiving everyone she knows. Smiling she walks up behind Jenson.

"Johnathan and Aaron." I look at Aaron as he stares back at me. He slowly stands up cautiously away from us. Tears begin to weel up in my eyes as he stands by Johnathan behing Jenson. He looks at Eric and I and mouths these words.
'Im gonna be fine...' Jenson calls two more names.

"And last but not least... Eric." Says Jenson as he closes his clip board. "Dont be sad" he says as many kids sigh in disappointmnet. "Your day will come."
"Theres always tomorrow." He says walking off. Eric looks at me with tears in his eyes. He stands up. I grab his hand and follow him to the line. Before he reaches the line i am stopped by a guard.

"Your name wasnt called." Says the man.

"Can I at least say goodbye?" I say looking at the man with tears in my eyes.

"You had your chance. Now go sit back down." Eric lines up with everyone as he slowly starts to walk away.

"NO! ERIC!" I yell pushing my way past the guards putting up a fight. I knee the guard in the balls as he drops to the floor i run and give Eric a hug.

"I love you.." I say hugging him tight. I can feel his tears drip onto my shirt. He says it back. I am suddenly grabbed by the waist and pulled away. I scream as i am pulled away.

"Its okay..." Says the man "youll see him in the other side." I look at his with tear in my eyes.

"Wh-what do you mean the other side?" I question. He doesnt respond

"I asked you a god damn question!" I yell.
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN!" I say. I feel my body jerk backwards as im being dragged away and out of tge cafeteria. I dont put up a fight anymore as i realize my loss. I am dragged back into my room and i drop onto the floor. The door behind me being closed. I sit on the floor for hours crying.

...

Hours pass. Im about to stand up when i hear something crawling through the vents. I look underneath a bunk bed and see a kid break open my vent. I am startled by the noise and back away a bit. I realize that its the same kid who i was sitting with at dinner. I look at him confused. Before I can ask any questions he says.

"The names Aries." I look at him confused by the situation. He pauses for a second before continuing.

"And I think we can help eachother."

...

Hope you guys like it so far I have the whole story planned out and I cant wait to continue writing!