Chapter 54

~Quinn

I woke up, and found Medie no longer in the bed. Forgetting that we had slept at the new house last night I stood up on carpet instead of hard wood. "Quinn, breakfast is ready." Medie sings coming inside the room. She's in her second trimester, and her tummy growing. I smile. "Alright Medie. Brianna went to school already?" I ask towering over her. "Yes. I dropped her off, Mya is with your mom, of course, and it's just us." I smile I kiss her lips and walk past her heading downstairs to the kitchen.

I sat at the island and picked off my plate. "What you have to do today?" Medie ask looking at me. "Business." I respond drinking out my glass of orange juice. "Oh... I have an ultrasound today. You think you can come?" I look up at her breifly. "Why didn't you tell me before now?" I ask. "I don't know." I shake my head. "Medie, Im flying to California. I gotta be there and back all in one day" She rolls her eyes and walks out the kitchen, going up the stairs. I put my dish in the dishwasher and took a shower. I put on some black True Religion pants and a Polo shirt. I grabbed my cocaine's and my shades. Passport and went to find Medie. She was in what will be our baby's room. "Medie, im bout to go." I say kissing her lips. "K."

I sigh and leave. When I got to the airport, I sat in my seat and sighed. Why my life so busy?

~Medie

I picked Brianna up from school after the doctors. "How was school?" I ask. "Eh. Im tired." I nod and headed toward the house. I look in the rearview mirror seeing Mya sleep. Her big self. Mya is six months, and a handful of hell. For her to be six months, she already bad, she be screaming at Quinn and shit. I remember once when he tried to kiss her, she screamed and scratched his face. Quinn was being a bitch about it, talking about Mya don't like him. Yadayadayah.

"Medie, why you love my brother?" Brianna ask out of nowhere. "I love your brother because he's strong. He can go through hell and manage to pull things together to make his family right. I love a family man. And he getting his mind right, even with him only being 18. He getting shit handled, I love it." Brianna smiles. "Aw, Medie yall so cute." She squeals. When we got home, I took Mya in the house and got some bags out the back. I laid on the couch. My feet hurt, I wish Quinn was here. I called his phone and it went straight to voicemail. I sigh and turn on the tv. "Medie you need anything?" Brianna ask coming out her room. "No Brianna. Thanks though." She nods and goes back into the room. I laid up till three am, and Quinn walked in, looking exhausted.

~Quinn

"Hey babe." I greet Medie. I sit on the couch and put her feet on my lap. "Hi." She whispers. "Why you whispering?" I ask. "I don't know." She giggles. "You silly. How your appointment go?" She grabs her purse and hands me the ultrasound pictures. I read the little notes and I seen where it said, "Hi mommy, I'm a boy." I smile. "Aw, we having a boy." Medie smiles and looks back at the tv. I think she might be mad.

When we went to bed, Medie laid far away on the bed. "Medie, come here." I say pulling her towards me. "What do you do when your in Cali?" Medie ask sitting up. "I told you I take care of business." She cross her arms. "Are you cheating?" I sigh and get up. "Hello!? Where are you going?" She follows me. I get mad. "Medie why the hell would I be cheating on you!? Why you so damn insecure!?" I yell. "Im not insecure! Im scared Quinn!" She yells back. "Why!? The hell you gotta be scared for?" I ask going back to stand in front of her. "Because, Im afraid of loosing you Quinn! Rather it's death or loosing you to another bitch! Im afraid. Cause I love you to much, I just don't want to get hurt okay?" I sigh.

I wrap my arms around Medie. "I understand your worried. But approaching me like that, makes me mad. Im only talking to you Medie. I promise. It's only about you, Mya and the baby." I peck her lips and lead her to our room. "Now, I want you to go to sleep. Relax and stop stressing over something you already got."

Medie stayed sleep until 12 the next day, I stayed home wit her. Mya in the living room on the floor, she was making noises and playing with her toys. I sat in the kitchen on my laptop, going through Brianna's messages. Since Bri is suspended from school, again, she stuck here with me. "Brianna!" I yell. She groans and stomps downstairs. "What ? The fuck you keep calling me for?" I laugh and look at the floor. "Who is Kent?" I ask. "No one." She says letting her eyes wander among the floor. "Go pick a belt babygirl." I smile at her. She groans and stomps upstairs. She grabbed one of Mya's belts tryna be a smartass. I stood up and slid off my leather Gucci belt. She make stuff harder for herself.

After beating Brianna's ass for the fifth time this month, she cried in front of me. "Brianna how much of this is it gone take??" I ask. "I just want acceptance. I want every boy to like me like the other girls. I want that Quinn." I shake my head. "Brianna I was them lil niggas age less than three years ago, they want sex. It's like a bet. Brianna don't get into that trap. You can be liked, without being a fucking hoe!" I tell her. "You were so popular, I want that!" She says. "I was popular cause I has a father that sold drugs. I did dumb shit. That's why." Brianna sighs. "I guess. I'll try." I hug my sister. "Brianna I don't like hitting on you man. But I don't have a problem fucking yo bad ass up if I need to."

When Medie woke up, she cooked dinner and went back to the bedroom. I jogged up the steps to check on her. "Baby you okay?" I open the door. "Yes." She was laying on the bed falling back to sleep. "You sure? Because you been sleeping all day?" I sit on the bed. "Im just tired Quinn! Leave me alone." Her eyes were watering like she was gone cry. I got up and  shut the door behind me. What the fuck is her malfunction?