Chapter 60

Sang

I couldn't sleep. Jess hadn't come home yet and it was late as in 1am late, which had me on edge and seconds away from calling the boys to send out a search party. I had been pacing our tiny cottage for the last three hours, torn between my thoughts on what to do. I wanted to find her and make sure she was okay but if she was deliberately away to spend the night with Jay and Rocky.... I didn't want to intrude. I knew she was responsible but if someone ambushed her.... I couldn't take it anymore I had to make sure she was alright. I took my bow and set out in search of Jess through The Village, letting Arrow lead to try picking up her scent trail.

 I knew he had the trail when he perked up and started to jog towards the trail to the barn, I hurried to follow. I found Jess sleeping in Erica's stall, I could faintly make out her tear stained cheeks as I gently nudged her awake. "Jess what happened? I was worried sick when you didn't show up at the cottage, where were you?" I scolded her lightly. "I'm an idiot." She whimpered out and my protective instincts went into overdrive as I tried to sooth the younger girl. "What happened Jessica? Who made you cry so that I can kick their sorry butts into next week?" I growled out and she pouted.

 "I've just had a really long day. First I had to work overtime in the garden because we were short a few workers this morning. Then I missed lunch because I wanted to check on Jay but he was sleeping and I didn't want to wake him so I said I'd come back later. Then when I came back later everything was fine until Rocky went and said he thought you were nice and that he liked you!" She is crying again and Arrow is trying to comfort her along with me as he puts his head in her lap. 

"I mean he's not wrong you're amazing but I blew up at him anyway telling him he couldn't cheat on Jay like that. They looked at me funny and then started getting really strange looks on their faces and I panicked for some reason and ran. I spent a few hours just walking around and then I came here and now I'm really hungry and my stomach hurts." She whined out. "Time of the month?" I asked lightly as she nodded, that would explain the hormones and meltdown. "Jess they won't hate you for running away, if anything they're probably more confused as to why you ran." I assured her. "Well what do I tell them if I don't even know?" She complained.

 "Tell them whatever you want, but if you don't want to have them ask more questions then just tell them you're on your period and had an emergency. If that doesn't shut them up then I don't know what will." I stated as she giggled. "Eww, no, why would that..." She grinned but I cut her off. "You think I'm joking? North was being a real jerk and I mentioned my period, then they all were being extra considerate, he even brought me old chocolate bars he found." I tell her as she snickers softly. "You're really lucky that you've got it so easy with my brother and his gang of friends." She sighed out as I took a seat beside her and she laid her head on my shoulder. 

"It's not as easy as it seems, trust me. I think you've got it a bit easier since you've been friends with your guys for a lot longer." I huff. "Yeah, forever in the friend zone." She grumbled. "Maybe right now but I wouldn't say forever, everything will work out eventually Jess. You go ahead and get some rest, I'll keep you safe tonight." I hummed to her as she quickly drifted off to sleep on my shoulder, it looks like tonight's a sleepless night. I sat there on guard until the sun came up and Jess roused herself to go to work, I made sure she ate something first though.

 I ate some fruit myself before feeding all my pets and heading to the Toma house to train with Raven and North. It was a long two hours considering I was running on no sleep, but considering I'd gone days without sleeping on multiple occasions it wasn't an unfamiliar feeling. I met Nathan at the East gate to go on our little hunting date, I smiled at the bow he held. "All ready to go Peanut?" Nate asked and I smiled at him. It was a bit of a surprise that he'd been the one to mention a hunting date after out last hunt together, but I took it as a good sign. "Ready when you are." I sighed back as we headed through the gate and into the trees.