36

Amelia's POV:

V quickly arrives at the bottom of a tree and motions me over. I run over to him, cringing every time my steps make a sound in the leaves.

"Step up," he whispers.

I quickly place my foot into his hands and take hold of a branch. I pull myself up, taking V's hand once I've secured my footing. The two of his climb up a bit higher, Ending up with my back resting against the trunk while V sits facing me.

We do our best to hide our dangling feet, but we can't quite conceal them completely without falling. At this point we just have to hope they won't look up.

I reluctantly stare at the ground, footsteps in the leaves coming closer and closer. The strange part is that we can no longer hear voices. Just the sound of someone, or something, walking along.

Finally, two heads appear beneath us. They look around as if to search for us, guns propped conveniently on their shoulders.

I grip a throwing knife tightly, knowing that I may have to take one of their heads off at any moment. The two strangers seem to use hand signals. Staying silent.

That makes them even more creepier.

They start to walk of, suddenly laughing as they go. Eventually the laughing becomes far enough away for me to breath.

I let out a large sigh, turning my head forewords to only hold my breath in again. I notice how close V and I's faces are, forcing myself to turn away.

"Why the laughs?" He mumbles to himself.

"Who knows," I whisper in reply, "anyone
who has survived this long is probably crazy. Even us,"

I continue to stare at the leave covered ground when he doesn't reply. We should probably get out of here as soon as possible in order to avoid being found out if they decide to come back.

"V do you think-" I stop talking when I notice he is just staring at me.

I bite my lip nervously, eyes wavering around awkwardly. Words refuse to leave my mouth as I decide to stare back. He looks as if to be in a daze, simply studying my face for the time being.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't uncomfortable. But the thing is, it is not a bad type of uncomfortable. More nervous than anything.

I clear my throat, attempting to readjust myself to climb down. Instead, he stops my by placing his hands on the tree beside my head.

"Uh, V?" I practically mouth considering my voice has decided to leave my body.

"Sorry," he coughs awkwardly, seeming to snap out of his gaze.

I wonder to myself if I should say 'it's okay' or something similar but decide to just shrug. However, before I can even think about getting back onto the ground he stops me again.

"You know what," he smiles ever so slightly, hands placed back at the sides of my head. I press myself against the tree out of completely panic.

"You admitted that we are all crazy, right?" He cocks his head to the side.

"Uh," I gulp, "yes?"

"Then this is justified," he smirks before placing his lips on mine.

He takes them away all to quickly, me not even having the time to think about closing my eyes or enjoy it. I don't even notice that my mouth has become agape before V laughs at me.

I blink a few times, panic forcing, "did you just seriously steal my first kiss in a tree?" Out of my mouth as some sort of protection.

"Your first kiss?" The fact that he was able to my first brings a smile to his face.

"Yeah my first!" I exclaim in a quiet tone.

"Fine," he shrugs confidently, "then I'll return it to you,"

He kisses me for a second time. Only this time much more passionately. I find myself moving with him, eyes shut and enjoying the nervous butterflies fluttering around in my stomach.

His hands move from the tree to my hair, then cheeks, and all the way down to my lower back. I remove my own hands from the branch and place them on the sides of his neck.

"Finally," he mumbles into my lips, leaving for a moment to place tender kisses on my collar bone before returning.

I can't help but giggle, quickly losing every ounce of courage I had to avoid being attracted to V.

"I like you," he says in a low voice in between quick kisses.

Once he pulls away I have time to answer, "I think I got that,"

He smiles, going in for a third time only to lose his balance. I try to reach out and catch him but find myself falling as well. The two of us fall straight to the ground, me landing painfully on top of V.

I cough a few times, "Are you okay?"

"Never better," He winces, however is can genuinely tell that he means it.

Before I know it he grabs my arms and pins me to the ground, straddling my waist.

"You didn't answer me properly," he smirks, leaning down while softly kissing my collarbone.

"I didn't?" I reply nervously, trying to twist my head to make sure we aren't in danger as of right now.

"You didn't," he breaths out, moving from my collar bone down to my stomach.

I try to pull my shirt down which has ridden up due to the fall be the fabric is already gripped tightly in his hands. I can't help but laugh a small bit, holding one hand over my mouth to remain quiet.

"V! They could come back," I try to sound serious but fail.

"I'll stop once you answer me," he says, starting to move dangerously below my belly button.

I'm slightly reminding of Pollick, but for some reason it doesn't bother me one bit. As long as I know it's V I don't care, because I trust him, and most importantly would give my life for him.

"I like you," I squeak quietly.

"What was that?" He asks, moving further down.

"I like you!" I say a bit louder.

"I know," he smirks, giving me a quick peck on the lips before helping me up, "now let's get out of here before we get into trouble,"

I roll my eyes while he interlaces our fingers together. We both run away from where the stranger went and away from where we came from. For once in a long time I actually feel like this life is mine, and I don't want to lose that feeling.