20

Amelia's POV:

"So does anyone want to tell me how we know they won't just shoot us as soon when we approach them?" I breath out bitterly

"Because we've met them before and they were pretty reasonable people," Jungkook shrugs.

"Was this your impression of them before or after they stole all your weapons?" I raise an eyebrow.

He doesn't answer and instead continues to stare out the window. I bite my lip, feeling extremely uncomfortable with V, Jimin, Hoseok, and I all crammed into 3 seats.

I unknowingly have my arm linked through V's, making an excuse of it through the crowded area. He seems to be enjoying it himself, grazing the fabric of my sleeve every now and then to let me know he's here.

I'm not sure why, but I'm extremely nervous. I don't like the idea of the boys knowing more about these people than I do. Every time I try to get new information they become more distant.

What exactly are they hiding?

"Alright, the street down there is where we last saw them," Yoongi points down the way. He refuses to go any further, not wanted to get caught himself.

Hoseok and Jimin hop out without another word, but I can't seem to give myself up just like that. I turn to V, practically begging with my eyes for him to not make me do this.

Our eyes meet, and he looks just as nervous as I am.

"Hyung, with Amelia's injury and all, I don't think she she go," V suddenly turns to Yoongi.

"Her injury will be more useful there than it is here," Yoongi smirks.

"What the hëll is that supposed to mean?" I mutter.

"Just get out of the car," He sighs.

I frown, not wanting to be near this man any longer. Slowly, I turn to V who looks completely torn. I give him a smile to hopefully set his mind at ease and pat him on the shoulder.

He holds my hand briefly before allowing me to exit. As soon as I set foot on the ground, Jungkook reaches over to shut my door. If I'm not mistaken, I could've clearly just seen tears in his eyes.

"We've got your backs!" Yoongi waves before backing up to speed off.

"Wahhh," I breath out, watching them leave us behind.

I turn back towards the other two, slowly following behind them. Curiously I watch as Jimin almost has his head hung low, while Hobie seems to be completely different

Opposed to the frightened boy I first met, it looks like he's holding up better than Jimin.

"So are we trying to make friends with them or just let them capture us?" I ask, joining Jimin at his side. I silently tuck a knife into a holder I keep under my shirt.

"It's no use making friends with them," he whispers.

"But Yoongi purposefully said he wanted you and Hoseok because you're personable," I furrow my eyebrows.

"Yeah. Then they might actually see us as human," He looks at me with a sort of glare in his eye.

"What?" I tilt my head, "What are you guys leaving out? How do we even know that they'll capture us?"

"Because they're cannibals," Hoseok chimes in, "we couldn't tell you because you wouldn't have come,"

"HEH?!" I shriek, "you're dämn right I wouldn't have come! Why do you need me hear anyway?!"

"Because they won't eat a girl," Jimin explains.

"We need you to make sure we don't get eaten," Hoseok chuckles a bit.

I stop in my tracks, not wanted to force myself into a situation no one would ever want to be in. Dealing with zombies is one thing, but dealing with people who have the same habits as those brainless beings is another.

"Amelia?" Jimin turns around.

"I can't do this. We will never be able to escape," I shake my head, backing up.

"Yoongi Hyung did," Jimin replies.

I furrow my eyebrows, remembering how Yoongi knew of all the ins and outs of that place. That must be why he knew that we would have to get the medallion from the inside out.

"I'd rather be stuck here for my whole life than-" I stop talking when I bump into something.

My eyes waver from Jimin's who have become wide. I immediately spin around, putting a knife to the throat of a huge man. He looks down at me with a smirk, my false courage faulting.

"Oh back off," He chuckles, kneeing me in the stomach.

I let out a mere yelp, falling backwards into my but. My eyes slowly trail up this skyscraper of a person as I gulp down a fearful lump in my throat.

"How are you?" He grins at me, showcasing a jagged set of yellow teeth.

I waste no time in answering and find myself scurrying back to Hoseok and Jimin's side. Jimin's facial expression seems to harden while Hoseok's confidence seems to be draining as the seconds pass.

"Jimin! Hoseok! It's been awhile," The man takes a few steps towards us.

"It sure has, Keegan," Jimin spits his name out as if it's laced with poison.

"Brace of you two to show your faces here again. I thought we made it pretty clear what would happen if you did so," Keegan growls the last part out of amusement.

"We remember," Jimin scoffs lightly, "But we're just passing through,"

"Oh that won't do," Keegan shouts him down.

I find my eyes darting back and forth, noticing new people every time I focus on a new place. Some of them emerge from the darkness, joining Keegan while looking at us. My palms begin to sweat noticing that some of them don't even look human.

In fact, a lot of their teeth have been sharpened to a point.

"Who's your friend? She wasn't with you all last time," one of the approaching men say.

I stare at him, hiding behind Jimin like a child when his eyes start to roam my body.

"That's not important," Hoseok's voice drops about 10 octaves, surprising us all.

The man gasps, "has the baby bird finally grown a pair of wings?"

The others laugh, Hoseok only becoming more annoyed. I decide to take this moment to count all of them, totaling up to 8. If I'm going to make it out of this alive I better gather up as much courage as I can.

"Are you going to let us be on our way or what?" I ask, appearing from behind Jimin.

"So she talks," Keegan smiles, "What's your name?"

"Amelia," I answer.

"And where are your other friends?" Keegan looks upon us with curiosity.

"Dead," I answer.

"Even Yoongi? I don't believe it," He laughs airily.

"Even Yoongi," Jimin nods.

"That's a shame," Keegan sighs, "well, you know the drill. Get them,"

My eyes widen at all 8 of the men, apart from Keegan moving towards us. As much as I want to help the boys out, I can't allow myself to become food to other human beings.

My hand reaches for the hand of my first throwing knife while Jimin instantaneously grabs my wrist. I look back at him, watching him slightly shake his head.

Looking into his eyes makes me grow guilty, seeing how desperate he is to get out of here. I look to Hoseok who is allowing for himself to become a hostage without showing any sort of fear.

If Hoseok can do this, so can I.