31

Amelia's POV:

After making sure Jungkook won't come back as the dead I remove the medallion from his pocket. I try not to look at it, knowing that the concept of finding a medallion just to escape seems a whole lot like a game or simulation.

I sigh, shoving it into my back pocket and kneeling down. I slowly peek into the hallway, standing up to head towards where we thought we heard V's voice.

My eyes fall down to my hand around my knife, widening.

"No," I breath out.

Glitches first appear on my hand, then arm, I look up and they're everywhere. It almost looks as if my world is falling apart. Could this be what Jin, Namjoon, Jimin, and Jungkook saw in their last moments? Jimin was so calm, but I'm terrified.

Am I going to die?

Subconsciously I continue walking foreword, not paying much attention to where I'm going or what's around me. All I can focus on is how the glitches are becoming bigger and longer.

If I die now, do I really go back to my real life? What was my real life anyway, I can hardly remember. It all seems too easy to just die now and return home like nothing ever happened.

There has to be something more to this than just dying.

My mind travels to how I had to have ended up here. Surely there is someone running this simulation. So what is to stop them from putting me in another one?

"AMELIA! AMELIA!" A scream draws me away from my fears.

I gasp for breath, the glitches subsiding for a moment to reveal Keegan pinning me on the ground by my neck. Out of the corner of my eye I can see V screaming at me, trying to free himself from the binds that are holding him down.

Through the glitches I can see his bloodied face. It looks like he's taken quite the beating, which can only be pointing at Keegan. I look up at Keegan, his smile sending chills down my spine.

My throat and lungs are on fire, but I can't help but wonder if this is my way out of the sim. Yet, I keep remembering my promise to Jungkook. I promised to save them.

But they will surely die here at some point. Then they can escape... so is that such a bad thing? I guess we'll never know what some point is. Some point could be never. Plus it would be utterly traumatizing.

Suddenly, a thought pops into my head. I return to my belief that someone could simply just put me back into another simulation without questions asked. If they did it this time, they could easily do it again.

I have to destroy the person controlling the simulation.

I reach my hands up and grab Keegan's face. Without having much time to decide how I will keep his hands from crushing my neck, I shove my thumbs into his eye sockets.

He reels back, screaming in pain. I have to take a moment to catch my breath, for my vision was starting to go spotted. I roll over to only curl into a ball, covering my head in my hands.

Keegan is blindly firing bullets off one after another. I soon hear the click of a gun sending blanks and quickly jump into action. Surprisingly none of his round hit me nor V, allowing me to disarm him.

I kick him between the legs, watching him curse while falling to his knees. Even though I'd love to give him a slow and painful death, time is currently not on my side.

I stab him once in the stomach, pay back to what happened to Jungkook, and then grab a second gun he had on his belt. He can't see anything, and will definitely bleed out at this rate. However, I don't want him coming back in any way shape or form.

"This is for Jimin," I growl, pressing the gun to his temple and firing.

His lifeless body flops to the ground, my heavy breathes filling the room. I keep my eyes trained on the ground, worried that if I look up the glitches will reappear.

"Milly," I hear V whisper.

I shake my head rapidly and run over to him. My eyes remain at a downward angel, my gut telling me not to look up.

"You're alive," V seems utterly surprised while I undo the ropes holding him down.

He finally stands up, stumbling a little bit forcing me to hold him up. I look up at his face, watching blood drip down off of his chin. They were probably trying to get answers out of him.

"I thought you were dead," he grabs my face in his hands, rubbing his thumbs on my cheeks to check if I really am standing in front of him.

I nod my head, my heart dropping when the same glitches appear around his face. Something is telling me that I don't have long before I meet my end. How can I slow it down? I need to kill the creator before I die.

"Jungkook?" V question makes my heart drop.

I shake my head slowly, not taking my eyes away from his. He hugs me before I let my tears fall. I close my eyes against his chest and enjoy this moment of peace for a short while. I can't see the glitches when I close my eyes.

"It's okay," V rubs the back of my head.

"We need to find Hoseok and Yoongi," I say, "Do you know where they are?"

V pulls away, I reluctantly opening my eyes to see him nod. The glitches are gone.

I hand V the gun I got off of Keegan and follow him along the halls.

All the while I keep thinking to myself.

They started as 7, then became 8 when V found me. Jin said it himself.

She came to ruin us.

8 went back to 7, then became 6, 5, and then 4.

All after meeting me.