27

Amelia's POV:

I wake with a start, feeling the car making a hëll of a sharp turn.

"This isn't fücking Mario Cart slow down," I whine sleepily.

"No can do princess," Yoongi calls back through gritted teeth.

"They're catching up!" Hoseok looks back nervously.

I follow his gaze but V quickly sits me back down. My eyes fall down towards my hands which are wrapped around his waist. Seriously Amelia? I take them away and try to look a second time.

"Just relax~" V looks down at me with his squarish smile, only clearly radiating nervous energy.

"Don't make me more mad at you," I force a smile.

He hesitates before backing down, allowing me to peer out the back window. Honestly I was expected to see a bunch of zombies chasing us, but this is much worse.

Riding our coattails are 3 trucks. Actually, should I call them monster trucks? I rub my eyes, opening them to same the same sight. Shouldn't he be dead?

Keegan salutes me evilly, a bloody bandage tied neatly around his neck. He was definitely dead? Have I gone crazy?

"YOONGI GO FASTER!" I scream, forcing myself to sit in my seat.

"Shut up!" He shouts back.

I duck further down in my seat, worried that they'll open fire in us at any moment. My eyes squeeze shut, memories from their base haunting me at no end.

"Give me a break," I breath out, hiding my face in my hands.

"It's okay, Yoongi has a plan," V comforts me, but I can tell that they're only empty words.

"Why aren't they shooting at us?" Jungkook asks.

I peer out from my fingers and realize that he's right. If they wanted to stop us, they'd at least be shooting at our tires. That is, unless, they want us to keep going.

I lean towards the front of the car, eyes widening at the bridge we're approaching all to quickly. I then turn to look to my side, cursing when we've been boxed in.

"You fücking idiots!" I screech, "they're pushing us off the bridge!"

"What?!" Hoseok turns around.

"The bridge is up goddämnit!" I cry, pointing at it.

"Get ready to go for a swim," Yoongi smirks, not scared in the least. He must have known exactly what they were trying to do.

"Roll down the windows," He continues while rolling down his own.

I look to my left and then right, fear bubbling up inside me. Honestly, it's just my luck that I haven't stepped into a body of water since I was 4 years old. Not my fault I almost drowned and became traumatized.

"I CAN'T SWIM!" I scream at the top of my lungs just as Yoongi catapults us off the edge.

I watch the other side disappear as we make our downward decent. My stomach lurches into my throat at the sudden free fall, and I can't even imagine what it will feel like when we hit them bottom.

Yup, not good.

Our truck practically becomes engulfed by water, every single strand of hair on my arms standing up. Even if we try to swim to shore, they'll just shoot us like sitting ducks.

"Stay in here as long as possible!" Yoongi stops us from unbuckling.

This seems problematic, but I can see where he's going with the idea.

I reluctantly keep my seatbelt on, clutching onto V's hand for support. It doesn't take long before he interlaces his fingers through mine which somehow eases me slightly.

My heart beats in my ears as the current starts to drag us down river. If we can get far enough away, or simply make them think we're dead, they won't have reason to shoot. Still, the truck is filling with water as every moment passes.

"Hold your breath," Yoongi says.

"What the fück? We need to get out!" I shout, holding my chin above the water.

"You better fücking hold your breath for as long as I tell you to unless you want to die," Yoongi uses his last bit of air to glare at me.

I look at V who gives me a small, nervous smile. Before I know it the truck is completely submerged. My lungs are burning at the amount of air I tried to inhale, but I refuse to let it go.

However, even if I open my eyes I can't see a thing. In addition to that, how am I can't hear anything apart from my ears being flooding with cold water. Which, must I add, not the most please thing in the world.

I feel V squeeze my hand before he lets go. Panic rises within me as I frantically search for my buckle. As soon as I find it I press the button and throw that thing off of me.

Get your head above water. Get your head above water. Get your head above water.

I gasp for air, doggy paddling rapidly like a child. V is there waiting for me, checking above us every now and then to make sure we aren't in trouble.

"Follow me," he says, barely out of breath.

I look on ahead of him and see Hoseok and Yoongi already swimming towards the shore. If this situation weren't so dangerous I'd be laughing at how Yoongi looks like a grandpa who accidentally fell in a pool.

I start to swim carefully after V, still feeling extremely anxious.

Where's Jungkook?

With not much expertise in swimming properly, I thrash around to swivel my head. My eyebrows furrow I worry when he's nowhere in sight.

"Where Jungkook?" I shout, not even worrying about if Keegan's people will here me.

When I check back with the other boys, the three are too busy trying to get to shore on their own. Are they serious? How could they forget about their friend?

Awe shït.

My conscience forces me to draw in a deep breath, going back underwater. I reach my hands out as far as they can possibly extend in search of the car. If I open my eyes I can see the littlest bit, but only in strange blobs.

My fingers quickly come in contact with the top of the car allowing me to eventually find a window. Through the thick water I can see the outline of Jungkook's face and he seems to still be moving.

I almost shout out his name but remember that I must conserve oxygen. With an inaccurate reach I rap my hand around what hopefully is his arm. His hand finds its way to my own arm, gripping into it extremely hard.

"Aish!" I yelp, bubbles clouding my vision.