25

Amelia's POV:

My heavy breaths fill the silence around us. All of them hang their heads low, knowing that they can't make any excuses. Although, I'm not as mad at Hoseok considering he was there with me, but he still knew.

"I honestly didn't know that they would do that to you..." Yoongi trails off quietly. He may be telling the truth, but I'm not exactly in the mood to hear that sort of thing from his mouth.

"Says the man who sent me because 'I'm a girl'," I quote his words in a sarcastic tone.

He has no words, biting his lip out of guilt. V begins to approach me with wet eyes but I refuse to look into them. If I could I would walk away from them forever but I'm not in a position to do so.

"I'm so sorry, Milly," V whispers.

I take a step away from him but he pulls me into a hug. My arms thrash around, trying their best to push him away but I'm completely exhausted.

"Get off me!" I sob, only to collapse into his arms.

He crouches down onto the ground with me, allowing me to scream out my pain into his chest. I let him stroke my hair as he mumbles small "shh"s and "it's okay"s.

"I wanted to save him," I cry, "I really did!"

"I know. I know. It's alright," He shushes me.

Even though I want to push him away, I'm too worn out to even think about that. In fact, I'd rather be comforted right now. I allow him to rock me back and forth until eventually I run out of tears.

"Yoongi Hyung, can you get her some water?" V calls back.

Yoongi obliges, bringing me a half full bottle of water. I down the entire thing within seconds, not even noticing how thirsty I am. I'm also incredibly hungry, but I've become accustomed to that feeling over time.

"Let's get you washed up, okay?" V tells me in a gentle tone of voice.

He helps me into the shop, searching the shelves for some water. Somehow he's able to come back with an entire pack of the stuff, bringing some spare clothes in addition to that.

I sit down on a wooden box while hesitantly taking off my jacket. V seems to be a little shocked by what I have on underneath, a look of anger filling his features.

He quickly covers it up with a small smile, "this might be a little cold,"

I nod my head, watching him uncap the water bottle. His hands reaches to push my hair to the side causing me to flinch. Anxiety seems to build up inside of me, unable to forget what Pollick's hands did to me.

"S-sorry," he stutters, probably trying to understand what's going through my head.

I can't find the words to explain myself so I just stare at the ground silently. Honestly my mind can't stop going back to my mother. What I would give to see her right now, to be held in her arms, is indescribable.

"I would let you do this yourself but I don't think you can in your state..." he trails off, probably not wanting to offend me.

"Just use this to wipe it off," V hands me a towel when I still don't answer him.

"Okay, ready?" He asks.

I nod my head slowly, shivering at the water running down my back. My eyebrows furrow as a sourness fills my limbs while wiping away the blood. The substance pools at my feet, mixing with water to create a pinkish color.

"Yah," V breaths out in shock, "What happened here?" I cringe when his fingers touch a sour spot on my back

"Owww," I whine.

"What happened?" He repeats himself.

"An oversized cannibalistic demon crushed me against a wall," I reply, turning back to get his reaction.

He frowns, reminded by my wounded arms. He quickly dumps water over it before removing the bandage, sighing in relief when it looks perfectly fine.

"Can you please just dump it over my head? I want to get out of these," I glare at him slightly, not necessarily enjoying his sympathy right now.

"Y-Yeah," he stutters following my orders.

I quickly scrub my skin beneath the water and tell him to get out. Waiting to be by myself to change. After he leaves I do my best to get the remaining amount of blood in my hair and under my clothes before changing into the clothes V lent me.

The sweatpants are slightly too big but luckily have drawstrings to hold them up. As for the T-shirt, it's white and see through which means I'm going to have to find a bra of some sort.

"Seriously," I sigh, showering around the shop.

In the back corner I find a sports bra and a pair of shoes in my size, almost as if they were placed there for me. I look around, wondering if V could have brought them in.

"Whatever," I purse my lips, happy that they are here in the least.

I quickly slip them on and exit the shop, burning the remaining water with me. Without acknowledging any of the guys I throw it into the trunk and grab some food.

When I finally look up to the guys I notice that it's only Jungkook. The others must have gone a bit further to look for something.

"How are you doing?" Jungkook asks cautiously.

"I already said how I was," I roll my eyes, getting into the truck and slamming the door behind me.

Jungkook surprisingly follows me inside.

"I don't want to talk," I say, leaning my head against the back of the seat.

"You don't have to, I will," Jungkook starts.

"I don't want to hear your voice either," I raise my hand in rejection.

"Well.. I don't care," Jungkook continues anyways, "We truly didn't know that they would do that to you. Yoongi Hyung said that he didn't really see girls when he was there, but the one he did see they treated her like a queen. He truly did have the best intentions when he asked you to go.. he thought that you would be the key to getting out of there,"

"I'm not listening," I turn away from him, despite wanting to hear more.

"And we know that we should've told you about the whole cannibalism thing... but it's just-"

"I wouldn't have gone if you did," I finish the sentence for him.

"Right..." he trails off.

"Seems logical," I scoff.

"B-but, Amelia," He seems to get nervous, "could you tell me what Jimin Hyung last words were... was he scared?"

I squeeze my eyes shut, trying not to think about that moment.

"He wasn't scared," I answer, "He summer it all up to it being a simulation,"

"What?" Jungkook gasps, "him too?"

"I don't know what it is, but it certainly is a reoccurring thing," I shake my head back and forth in disbelief.

"Maybe it really is," Jungkook shrugs.

I turn my head to him, "Jungkook, don't ever say that again,"