double date

"Do you think she'll like me?" Lili asked, rubbing her clammy hands on her lavender slip dress.

"How could she not," Cole said, "Dylan already loves you, and I promise Barbara will too."

Lili and Cole had been in L.A. for an event, and for the first time in months, had the spare time to meet up with Dylan and his girlfriend. Cole and Barbara had met before, as had Lili and Dylan, but the two girls had only communicated through social media.

"And baby?" Cole asked before getting out of the car, "You look stunning tonight."

The couples were meeting at a famous Los Angeles restaurant for their double date. Lili wore a short, lavender dress with tan lace up heels, something she
deemed perfect for meeting who was likely to be her sister in law. Well, as perfect as it could be for a supermodel.

Cole took Lili's hand and led her inside the restaurant, where Dylan and Barbara were already waiting.

"Hey, man!" Dylan called a little bit too loudly from their reserved table.

The two exchanged in an awkward mixture of a handshake and hug, before moving onto each other's girlfriends.

"Lil!!" Dylan exclaimed, "How are you?"

"I'm great," she responded, hugging her boyfriend's twin, "I feel like I haven't seen you in ages."

"You've been so busy keeping my brother straight, you haven't had time to visit your favorite Sprouse twin."

"It is a full time job." Cole joked at his own expense, winking at Lili.

For a moment, the group stood quietly before realizing why they were actually there.

"Oh! Lili, this is Barbara," Cole said, his hand on his girlfriend's back, "God knows she deserves a prize for putting up with Dyl."

"I'm so happy to finally meet you!" Barbara beamed, hugging Lili.

"Me too, you have no idea."

For the rest of the night, the four bonded like they'd been best friends since high school. It was almost as if the girls had an instant connection. In fact, they were so busy getting to know one and other, they barely noticed when their boyfriend's asked what they wanted for dessert.

"Isn't it crazy that we're here together with the loves of our lives?" Dylan whispered to Cole, looking across the table.

"I never thought it would happen." Cole answered, staring right at Lili.

And in that moment, a family they never knew they needed was formed.