Chapter 13- Why am I smiling?

Start from the beginning

"I was just thinking that maybe we should go." I said with a shrug. His face fell and eye narrowed at my words. "Or just me. I can go alone." I rushed out once I saw his face.

"No, I much rather sit through listening to that prick sing then letting you go so he can kiss you again and do whatever thing he did for you on your birthday." He muttered and I gave a small smile once I saw how jealous he was getting.

"Lyric...baby...he gave me a piggy back ride on the way home from the bar and I honestly think that the kiss was just a really bad mess up and I promise you it won't happen again." I assured him, wrapping my arms around his torso. He gave me a skeptical look before letting out a little sigh.

"Alright. I trust you but if he tries anything I have every right in the world to literally stick him in the face." He said in all seriousness. I raised both eyebrows at his tone and expression and mainly out of shock since he was never really a violent person.

"Okay then." I laughed and kissed him quickly before walking over to the center of the room. "Alright! Everyone in formation! We have to get this dance down before boss man gets here."

                                                                                ***

"The only reason this is even remotely enjoyable is the fact that they have hot chocolate supreme." Lyric stated as we sat down at one of the empty tables, drinks in our hands. I laughed and shook my head, taking of my sip of my plain coffee. "I still don't know how you drink that crap. It is so bad when you have nothing in it." He said in disgust.

"You're right it does taste like crap but I grew up with it so I'm use to it." I shrugged and took another drink. The lights started to dim and I focused my attention on the stage where a spot light was shining. The bell to the front door ding as it was opened and Maddie and her dance partner, Ash, walked in. I waved them over before looking back over at the stage.

The guy with the flyers walked on first and it suddenly hit me who he was. "Hello everyone. I'm Toby and I am in control of the music tonight. This is going to be a interactive performance so I am going to need your help with something's. If the members of one ambush try to interact with you don't be shy. They don't bite...at least not hard." He said with a wink at the end making the crowd laugh. He walked back off and over to a corner where a booth was set up.

Shane and Lauren pilled on after him and I couldn't fight back the smile that grew once I saw him. He was tossed a microphone and caught it without any effort. "Hey guys! How are we doing tonight?" Shane said into the mic with a giant smile. The crowd cheered, which included me and Maddie. Lyric stayed quiet and continue to glare at him from a far.

"You are so hot!" A teenage girl up in  the front shouted at him and he looked over at her with a cheeky grin.

"Why thank you!" He smiled before making a fake phone with his hands. "Call me sometime." He flirted making the group she was sitting with start to giggle. "Anywho! We have an awesome show planned for you tonight. With the help of my good friend, Max Schneider!" He clapped looking at the back of the room.

Everyone cheered and turned around to find Max standing by the drink station with a smile. He gave a small wave before turning back around to the cashier. I turned back towards Shane who handed the mic to Lauren and was now asking for another one.

"Here is our Bruno Mars Medley." She said in a soft tone before shying away to the back of the stage and the spot light centered on Shane who just got a mic. He nodded over at Toby and the sound of a mash up of Bruno Mars songs began to play.

(Italic is Shane ,Bold is Lauren, Both is the two of them together)

Her eyes, her eyes make the stars look like they're not shining