Chapter 2- Familiar face.

"Good morning beautiful." Maddie greeted, once I come out of the door of the apartment building. I looked over at her, with a smile and walked down the stairs.

"Good morning gorgeous." I replied back, as she handed me a Starbucks coffee cup. "Mmm. See this is why you are my best friend." I told her, taking a sip of the drink, my headache from earlier, fading away slowly.

She laughed and took a sip of hers. "So, how was last night?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows at me. "I don't see any marks, so I take it mama didn't get what she wanted." She added and I chuckled, shaking my head.

"Oh I did. Trust me and just because you don't see marks, doesn't mean I don't have any." I smirked and she widen her eyes at my words, making me laugh. "Last night was amazing, to say the least and not say all the dirty details."

"Awe! Come on! The dirty details are what make it interesting!" She exclaimed, making me giggle. "I'll get them out of you some how." She added, determination in her voice

"We'll see about that." I chuckled, shaking my head. We walked down the busy street, stepping apart from each other, to let other people through. We talked about the dances, the show coming up, how the wedding planing was going, basically anything that popped up in our heads.

"I'm just saying, maybe you guys should have a rainbow wedding. Not just have it a certain two colors, just have the whole fucking rainbow man! " Maddie suggested.

"Not going to happen. The only rainbow I would allow to have at my wedding is someone's hair." I told her and my mind went to Rain. "I use to have a friend who had rainbow hair and he was pretty amazing."

"What was is name?"

"Rain. I met him through a old boyfriend." I smiled, thinking about Jared. "We only dated for like 2 weeks, but we stayed friends afterwards."

"Why have I not heard about this? Now that I think about it, I don't know anything about your life, before New York except that you had a thing with Lyric." She pointed out and I shrugged.

"Maybe I'll tell later. It is a pretty long story to get into right now." I laughed, thinking about how crazy everything was back then. "Hell all that happen, when I was 18, now I'm 22 and I'm still amazed about how all of it went down." I added, as we walked by a guy playing guitar next to the studio.

His hair was dark brown and short, showing off his emerald eyes. He was smiling, as he sang, dimples very prominent. He looked around my age and had a shadowy beard, which worked on him unlike most people I see with one. He was very attractive and something about him looked familiar, causing a weird feeling in my stomach.

Hey soul sister, ain't that mister mister on the radio, stereo
The way you move ain't fair you know
Hey soul sister, I don't wanna miss a single thing you do tonight

Heeey heeeey heeeey

Just in time, I'm so glad you have a one track mind like me
You gave my life direction
A game show love connection, we can't deny I I-I-I-I
I'm so obsessed
My heart is bound to beat right out my untrimmed chest
I believe in you, like a virgin, you're Madonna
And I'm always gonna wanna blow your mind

His voice was raspy and medium pitch, making me think of when Shane sang, but I knew it couldn't be him. I shook off the weird feeling and walked into the studio with Maddie right behind me, giving me a confused look.

"What was that about?" She asked, looking back over at the door.

"What was what?"

"You were like staring down cutie, with the guitar out there." She pointed out and I shrugged setting my bag down.

"I just thought he looked familiar, but I was wrong. He was just a another cutie, with a guitar." I assured her and she nodded. "Now come on, we have a show to practice for."

"Hey, Doll." A shirtless Lyric smiled, kissing me quickly. "How did you sleep?" He asked, as I began to do stretches.

"Good. You did a number on me." I told him, with a wink and he chuckled. "Why did you leave so early?"

"Oh! I wanted to come practice this dance I'm thinking about asking boss man, to add in the show. Trying to get it perfect, before showing anybody." He told me and I nodded, tying my hair up in a messy bun.

"Well, I can't wait to see it." I smiled, kissing him again, before walking in the middle of the room, everyone else following me. Lyric stepped behind me and placed a hand over my stomach and I reached up to drape a arm around his neck. "And 5, 6, 7, 8!"

                                                                              ***

"Why isn't Lyric going home with you?" Maddie asked, as we came to stop at the studio entrance, seeing the rain pouring down.

"He wants to stay here and practice this dance he is working on with a couple of the guys." I told her and she nodded, pushing the door open.

 "I see. Well, good luck to him." She smiled and walked outside with me behind her. "Bye Ella!" She called out, as she rushed down the other way of the side walk, holding a jacket over her head, to avoid the rain.

"Bye Maddie!" I waved back and rushed down the side walk, wishing I brought one. I shivered, as the rain pelted down on me and the wind began to blow. I walked by the guy with the guitar, who was still playing even though it was raining. "How is he not freezing right now?" I asked to myself, looking over at him.

 I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singin',
Singin' in the rain

He sang, winking at a couple girls who walked by, making them giggle and blush. A hint of jealously filled me the tiniest bit and I shook the feeling away quickly. Why am I getting jealous? I don't even know the guy and I have Lyric. My feelings need to get their priority in check. He was a good singer and it looks like he is doing it for a job, by the guitar case laying open on the ground, with a couple of bills in there.

I dug around in my pocket and pulled out a five, walking over to the case and tossing in there. He gave me a grateful smile and I returned a small one. Our eyes locked and stayed in a intense stare, causing butterflies I haven't felt in a while flutter around in my stomach. His eyes searched my face, as if he was trying to figure out something and his eyes lit up.

He looked like he was about to say something, but I turned away, before he could and waved goodbye. "Have a nice day!" I called out, as I rushed away from him, trying to shake the butterflies in my stomach and the goosebumps that weren't caused by the rain. "What was that about?" I asked myself, wondering if I should have stayed to see what he was going to say.

I thought back to the guy and realized how much he reminds me of Shane. The cute dimples when he smiles. The toothy grin and the flirty attitude. The grateful look he gave me. The emerald eyes and brown hair...that wasn't curly. His singing voice and the way it was the right amount of rasp like Shane's. So many things were like Shane and I couldn't just say it isn't, but it can't be Shane.

It's just couldn't

*Author note*

So this one is kinda short but it basically just kinda like a filler chapter that is leading up to something. I saw that a lot of you are really upset with me about the whole engaged to Lyric thing and I just wanted to say sorry that it made you mad but it has a reason to be in there. :/

Anyways what do you think good chapter?

Do you guys think it is Shane or just a guy that looks like him? Maybe she was getting on the weird feelings because the guy reminded her of him?

So do you like the new character Maddie? Think she is cool? She won't be the only new one!

Let me know what you think!

Much love my pandas!!xxxx

                                                                                                                     ~Storyofmylife5