Chapter 10- Coming clean.

"Well, that was fun." Rob smiled as we walked out of Lucy's, his arm draped over Cassie's shoulder. I nodded, leaning into Lyric's arm, and running my thumb over the top of his hand.

"Yeah it was until Ella ditched us for like half of it." Maddie said sending me a not so pleased look. I sheepish smile and scratched the back of my neck. "What did you do anyways?" She added and a blush automatically began to form at the thought of Shane.

"I just...went on a walk. It was starting to get really stuffy in there and I needed some air." I lied already feeling the guilt wash over me. Maddie nodded slowly with a blank face and looked away from me.

"I see." She said shortly and didn't say anything else. I got the feeling she knew something but didn't think it was best to question her about it in front of everyone. Lyric squeezed my hand making me look up at him.

"Why didn't tell me? I would have went with you." He said softly and now I was really feeling guilty. I looked away and bit my lip, trying to come up with something.

"I just needed to clear my head that's all." I lied once again and dropped my gaze to the ground. He didn't say anything and just kissed the top of my head. I started to let my mind wander around and soon found myself thinking back to the playground. Thinking about the tingles and little sparks. How soft his lips were and how my heart thumped against my chest like a drum. The way everything would slip away and it would just be us. Then how I get all the same things with Lyric.

And I was starting to realize that things were about to get very rocky.

"Well, here's you stop." Cassie spoke up, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked up from the ground and saw that we were at our apartment building. "Thanks for inviting us to Lucy's. I had a really good time." She smiled giving Lyric and I hugs.

"Yeah. We should do it again, man." Rob added giving Lyric one of those bro hugs. "Maybe next time this one won't ditch us." He teased giving me a hug also. I laughed nervously and scratched my neck. Maddie pulled me into a bone crushing hug, making me gasp for air.

"You need to tell him about what happen with Shane at the playground." Maddie whispered in my ear before pulling away and acting like nothing happened. "See y'all at the studio." She smiled before heading off down the sidewalk with Cassie and Rob. I stood there dumbfounded, staring after them, but was snapped out of once Lyric cleared his throat.

"You coming?" Lyric asked with a raised eyebrow and I nodded following him up the step and into the building. "You okay? You seem a bit out of it." He added, unlocking the door.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I assured him but mainly tried to assure myself. He gave me unsure face and stepped to the side to let me in the house before coming in afterwards. "So did you like the performance?" I asked slipping off my jacket and hat.

'Yeah. It was pretty cool and curly is really talented I must admit." He said, pulling his sweater over his head, leaving him in his black undershirt. "That Lauren girl can sing amazingly also. Like I could listen to them all day. Hell, maybe me and curly can even manage to be friends." He added with a chuckle afterwards. I suddenly started to choke on air, shock by his last words.

"I'm fine. I'm fine." I coughed waving off Lyric's attempt to pat my back. "Did I just hear you say that you want to be friends with Shane?" I asked shock and guilt raking through me.

He nodded with a shrug and plopped down on the sofa. "I mean he knows that we are together and hasn't pulled a move on you. It has also been four years since we have seen each other and I'm sure we have gotten over the childish fighting and what not. So why not try to be friends right?" He said and the whole time piles of guilt set on me like a ton of bricks.