26. Can I Help You?

When I see him, turn away to talk to someone, I turn to Vanessa. 

I dance, not having a care in the world. I love dancing, I may not do this much, but I free so free. That there's nothing that can ruin my good mood.

But, I think I spoke to soon.

When I turn a little to the right, I see a guy standing there, watching me.

He's tall, with black hair, hazel colored eyes, a scar that runs over his temple and to his cheek bone. He wears black, all black, like Lucea.

This makes me want to be far away from him. I don't want to think about him right now. This is supposed to be a great night, where I don't have to worry about the wedding, where I can just enjoy myself with my girlfriends, and with Axel.

"Can I help you?" I glare.

"I'm sorry, it's just that you're so beautiful, I forgot what I was going to say," he smiles.

"Tell you what, you keep thinking on that, while I go somewhere else," I begin to walk away, but stop when I feel a hand grip my wrist.

"Look, dude. I'm not interested. I'm to marry someone, in a few days."

He doesn't let my hand go, after what I had to say. In fact, his grip tightened.

Usually the word marry, makes the guy run for the hills. So, what's wrong with him?

I glare, not wanting to kill this guy, not here anyway.

"Is there a problem here?"

My face drops, when I hear his voice.

Run kid, run far, run fast.

"No, this little lady was just telling me how she would love to get a drink with me," he doesn't look at Axel, he just continues to stare at me.

"I don't think so," Axel laughs, snaking his arm around my waist.

"Well, I wasn't asking you now, was I?"

"No, but I know damn well that my wife wouldn't want to get a drink with you, when she can with me," the grip Axel has on my waist tightens. 

The unknown guy, then drops my hand. 

"I hope you know that it's not love if he beats you," he speaks, before attempting to walk away.

Key word being attempt.

Axel hand then drops from my waist. He marches to catch up with that guy, grabbing him by the shoulder. He turns, and Axel's fist is smashed into his nose.

My mouth hangs open, at how fast it all happened.

Axel isn't satisfied with just one punch, even though he is already on the floor cradling his now broken nose.

Axel grips his neck collar, pulling him up off the floor. Sending punch after punch.

"You couldn't be more correct. It's not love, because I'm beating you. You piece of shit, you don't know me. And for your sake, I'm glad you don't," Axel stops, his sharp voice going straight into his victim's ear.

I have never seen Axel get this violent before. The worst I've seen him is shooting a gun, at pop cans.

So, to see him beat this guy, for a meaningless sentence, is crazy.

By now, everyone on the dance floor, stops to watch this all unfold. They are all looking at us, like we just killed the man. But, I think he's lucky that I convinced Axel to leave his gun at home.