19. Trouble in Paradise

I wanted to surprise Sawyer. I knew how much she misses home, and I know that she had already seen her mother, while dress shopping, so I thought why not bring her dad over to visit. I wanted her to consider this home, or at least a second one. She is going to be here for a while, my parents are a big part of my life, and there's still a lot that I need to learn in order to become the leader, my dad wants me to be. So, I wish she will find this place comfortable enough to be herself, to not know that she isn't a prisoner, that she can go out on her own, as long as she comes back in one piece, safe. 

But, so far, it hasn't dawned on her yet, she isn't pushing her boundaries, like I had thought she would. She does what she's told, she holds back. 

I just hope, that she would understand that we would never hurt her. That we would do anything for her, after all, she's family now. She just doesn't see us as her's, not yet anyway.

But, I always knew that she would fight back when needed. 

And, I was right, when I saw her arguing with the man, that dare to put his hands on her.

I wanted to kill him, then and there. But, I heard how she wanted to do it, how she wanted this man to feel the pain, that she felt when he hit her. So, I allowed her to finally put her training to use.

And, what I saw in that room surprised the hell out of me.

I knew that she was smart, and strong. I just didn't know how fast she can flip a switch. Before I left, she was upset that I wouldn't let her out onto the field, and when I returned she's threatening the dude that has her and my mother held hostage. That she the balls to tell him off, and call me her husband while doing so.

I admit, that when she called me that, there was a sense of joy in me at the sound of how strong, yet sweet her voice was.

I have never once, thought of a woman's voice, like that before. But, there's just something about Sawyer that makes me want to jump into her ocean, before I've even tested how deep or cold she was. Not, that I was thinking of her in a sexual way. I think, you know what I mean.

Anyway, when I watched her punch, and intimidate that guy, I knew that she was the one.

I have never met any one as driven or fearless as her. She's like no other girl, that I've met. She does care what people think of her, or how she looks. She doesn't spend hours in the bathroom fixing her makeup, hell she doesn't even wear makeup. She has confidence in her, that she knows she's beautiful, but she doesn't go flaunting it.

She has me so whipped that I don't even want her out, doing what she trained so hard to do. I know that if she was out on the field, that I would worry about her, about what people could do to this stubborn girl. 

But, I knew that the guy that hit her would be tied now, so I let her in.

Surprised and pleased at how she used her stance to intimidate him, how she used her fists more than her gun, and how she didn't take to his insults.

I knew then, that if she did go on missions, she could handle herself.

But, there another matter that needed tending to, that clouded my mind of how proud I was of her.

Her ex whatever he was to her.

He was just across the hall from here.

I couldn't let her in there, and I'm glad she didn't ask to see him. It showed me how she didn't have any feelings for him. Something that he had for her.

I knew that he was angry at how she left, leaving him, for me.

So, I went to see him.

I allowed her dad in, to teach him what happens to someone that betrays family.

When, I walked into the room, his nose was broken, his left eye was puffy, and his lip was split.

Yet, when I walked into the room, he still managed to smile.

"How is she?"

"Better than you. How's the lip, pretty boy? I think that's gunna leave a mark."

It was obvious, that we hated each other. You can clearly see, and feel the hatred in the air.

"I don't know, she always did fall apart when you kiss her caller bone," he smirks.

I don't respond, I let my fists do all the talking.

I punched hard at his ribs, letting all my anger out in this punch.

I smile, as he tries to regain his breathing that was knocked out of him. 

"Not so tough when you're tied up, huh, Luck."

"It's Lucea. I always did love how Sawyer moaned my name. Something she probably haven't given you yet," he continues to smirk.

I send another punch to his ribs, wanting him to feel the pain of every breath his takes.

"You sure about that? Because from what I hear, she happily left you, for me."

"Happily? Please, I know all about the plan your father had. I know he is the real reason she's here. And I know all about how you are still seeing Carter."

My heart stops at the sound of her name. How does he know about her.

"Didn't think I knew did ya?" he chuckles, wincing when he moves his ribs. "Have you told her, about Sawyer? Does Sawyer know that her hubby to be is already cheating on her?"

"What?"

I forgot about how Killian was still in the room.

"Awe, trouble in paradise, already?" Lucea smiles evilly.