Chapter 85

3rd Person POV

[Yuya won his last duel against Gong to make it to the Junior Arc League Championship. The championship had begun. JP(Original), Yuya, and Zuzu were doing very well and were advancing forward. Meanwhile, JP (XYZ) and Shay are being questioned by Declan]

Declan: You two aren't from around here.

JP (XYZ): What gave you that impression?

Shay: Now isn't the time, JP (XYZ). Declan, where have you taken our friend Lulu?

Declan: I have no idea what you're talking about.

Shay: Don't play dumb!

Declan: So you're trying to capture me in exchange for your friend. Your really enemy is my father. Well I'm sorry to say that my father and I aren't exactly a happy family.

JP (XYZ): What do you mean?

Declan: Story for another time. Anyway, I have questions for you. Why do you look identical to JP Sakaki.

JP (XYZ): You must be talking about the Original.

Declan: Original?

JP (XYZ): Yes. Original. The JP you know was split into four different people and each one lives in a different dimension than this one. I'm his XYZ counterpart. He also has a Fusion Counterpart and a Synchro counterpart.

Shay: Why are you spilling your friend's secrets?

JP (XYZ): I have some issues with the Original. He fused with me many times without my permission. I'll throw him under the bus just to get Lulu back.

Shay: I don't like this.

JP (XYZ): I didn't ask you.

Declan: What do you mean he fused?

JP (XYZ): He is the 4 Dimension Duelist. He says that he was the reason that there are four dimensions in the first place. He failed to defeat a certain duelist and that duelist split everything into four. He told me that he was going through all the dimensions to learn from his mistakes. He didn't. He messed with things he shouldn't have. He was the reason that Shay and two other of my friends disappeared. I myself am not from this dimension either nor the XYZ dimension but that's a story for another time. He did keep his promise though. He helped me beat all of my enemies and when he left, everything reset.

Declan: Then why are you so angry at him?

JP (XYZ): All of this is his fault. Why wouldn't I be?

Declan: I think you're forgetting the point. You have no idea what he went through. When I was in the Fusion Dimension, I was fascinated by this boy named the Dragon Master. I had no idea who it was. I looked and found history books that contained information about him from all four dimensions. I put the pieces together. I was banished from my dimension before I could do anything.

[Declan throws papers with writings in front of JP (XYZ)]

Declan: Let's see you be angry at him now after reading all of those.

[JP (XYZ) and Shay read the papers]

JP (XYZ): He really did all of this? How can you be so certain that it's the same guy.

Declan: His dragons. He has a certain Pendulumn, Fusion, XYZ, and Synchro dragon that appears in all of the stories. The JP in this dimension not too long ago summoned using all four techniques. He's the only person besides me that I've ever seen do that. He does it so easily. This JP isn't some newbie. He's been around the block millions of times. You can see it in his eyes. He has many memories of it all. He saved your dimension. He isn't responsible for what my father did.

JP (XYZ): Then it's his Fusion Counterpart is to blame.

Declan: No. It's my father.

[Silence. JP (XYZ) starts to walk away]

Shay: Where are you going, JP (XYZ)?

JP (XYZ): Astral found the Original. I'm going to meet him.

Declan: Very well. I hope to speak again soon.

[JP (XYZ) leaves the Leo Institute and heads to where the meeting place is. JP (Original) and JP (XYZ) meet once again]

JP (XYZ): It's been a long time, Original.

JP (Original): What are you doing here? Why are you attacking students?

JP (XYZ): You mean you don't know? Couldn't you have predicted this?

JP (Original): Sort of.

JP (XYZ): Lulu was taken by the Fusion Dimension. Heartland was destroyed. There is nothing but destroyed buildings everywhere.

JP (Original): What about our girls?

JP (XYZ): They're fine. They're hidden where no one will find them.

JP (Original): That's good. I heard you were looking for me. What do you need?

[Before JP (XYZ) can respond, a bright light flashes and JP (Synchro) appears. JP (XYZ) and JP (Synchro) are not happy to see each other]

JP (XYZ): You!

JP (Synchro): You!

JP (XYZ): Why are you here? Give me back Lulu!

JP (Synchro): No! You give back, Rin!

JP (Original): Rin was captured too?

JP (Synchro): Oh hey, Original. Yes, Rin was captured too by this guy. I saw his face. It must be him!

JP (XYZ): That's a lie. I saw you when the destruction of Heartland was finished. You must've been with the Fusion Dimension.

JP (Synchro): I don't know what you're talking about. But since you won't cooperate, I'll duel it out of you!

[Both JP (XYZ) and JP (Synchro) activate their duel disks]

JP (Original): Enough! You guys are after the wrong guy!

[Silence]

JP (Original): Apparently this is the doing of my Fusion Counterpart.

JP (Synchro): Can't you fuse with him to make him stop?

JP (Original): I can't. I lost my ability to fuse with you guys after everything reset. I don't understand why my Fusion Counterpart is doing this but us attacking each other won't solve anything. Let's meet up again. In the meantime, both of you hang low. When the time is right, we will meet at LDS.

JP (XYZ): Fine.

JP (Synchro): It's your call.

[JP (Original) goes back to his friends. He hears that Yuya is in a coma and Zuzu found him that way. He gets very nervous himself since he doesn't know what's going on]