Chapter 65

3rd Person POV

[JP is riding is D-wheel down the street. He's looking for Jack Atlas. JP has a favor to ask him. Rin decides to ride on the back of his D-wheel]

Rin: Why are you looking for Jack again?

JP: I want to prove to myself that I can win without my Pendulum Cards.

Rin: You already proved that after you beat Sherry.

JP: That was Sherry. I want to face a real opponent and Jack is the only one who can help me with this.

Rin: I could help you too. But I get it. My deck isn't as strong as Jack's.

[JP arrives at the location where the whole group was planning to meet]

Jack: I'm here, JP. How can I help you?

JP: I want to duel you.

Jack: Sounds fine. We could've done that anytime. You sounded serious though when you called.

JP: I want to prove to myself that I can win without my Pendulum Cards.

Crow: Didn't you already do that?

JP: I wasn't facing a real opponent. I want to face my rival.

Jack: That's what I like to hear. Okay, JP. I accept. This will be a friendly duel. No stakes. I want to see this too.

[JP and Jack get set to duel. The whole crew looks on]

Rin: JP will be just fine. He was a great duelist before he had the Pendulum cards.

Akiza: That's right. He won most of the tournament with his Blue Eyes White Dragons.

Luna: Yeah but don't sense their presence in his deck. I sense other dragons in his deck.

Leo: My big bro will be fine.

[Jack activates his duel disk[

Jack: Ready when you are, old friend.

[JP activates his duel disk]

JP: Why "old"? Time to rev it up!

Turn 1-JP

JP-8000 LP/Jack-8000 LP

JP: Champion goes first. My turn. I place two cards face down. I summon Gogogo Ghost in ATK Mode!

Gogogo Ghost: Level 4- 1900 ATK/ 0 DEF

JP: Turn end.

Turn 2-Jack

JP-8000 LP/Jack-8000 LP

Jack: Here I come, JP. My turn. I draw. I place two cards face down. I place a monster face down in DEF Mode and end my turn.

Turn 3-JP

JP-8000 LP/Jack-8000 LP

JP: My turn. Draw. I summon Rose, Warrior of Revenge in ATK Mode.

Rose, Warrior of Revenge: Level 4- 1600 ATK/ 600

JP: Battle. Gogogo Ghost, attack the face down card! Fear Strike!

Jack: Hmph.

JP: Rose, Warrior of Revenge, attack him directly!

Jack: Ahh!

Jack-8000 LP - - - 6400 LP

JP: When this monster delivers battle damage, you take another 300 LP of damage.

Jack: Ahh!

Jack-6400 LP - - - 6100 LP

JP: I end my Battle Phase. I tune my Level 4 Rose, Warrior of Revenge with my Level 4 Gogogo Ghost! Gathering stars will become a new shining star! Become the path its light shines upon! Synchro Summon! Take flight, Stardust Dragon!