Chapter 20

3rd Person POV

[The Blue Eyes Master is walking to the room where Jack Atlas asked to meet. Jack hasn't been the same ever since that Masked Boy showed up and beat him and then disappeared. He and Goodwin have been looking all over for the Masked Boy. Jack because he wants a rematch and Goodwin because he wanted to get more information on the Crimson Dragon. The Blue Eyes Master enters the room Jack is waiting]

Jack: Thank you for coming on such short notice.

Blue Eyes Master: I can't really say no to a rival, now can I?

Jack: I don't see you as a rival but as a friend. The duel circuit is a lonely life, but you and I have been together since I first got here.

Blue Eyes Master: You mean since you left Yusei.

Jack: I'm your friend and if you want it to stay like that then don't bring that name up again.

Blue Eyes Master: Of course.

Jack: I have a match tonight against Hunter Pace, but I can't bring myself to duel him. I'm still very shaken from the loss that Masked Boy gave me.

Blue Eyes Master: I saw that footage.

Jack: I want a rematch with him. So, I'm offering you a deal. I want you to duel in my place and in turn I'll give you another title shot but I won't cheat this time.

Blue Eyes Master: Jack, we're friends. You don't have to do that.

Jack: I've made up my mind. I want to correct a wrong that I made a long time ago. If you win this duel your popularity will sky rocket. Well, it already has thanks to you alias.

Blue Eyes Master: Very well, Jack. I accept your deal.

[The Blue Eyes Master and Jack shake hands. The Blue Eyes Master walks to garage to pick up his duel runner and head to the arena. He is stopped by Goodwin]

Goodwin: Thank you, Blue Eyes Master. You might have just saved Jack's career. If you need anything don't be afraid to hesitate.

Blue Eyes Master: Thank you.

[The Blue Eyes Master gets on his duel runner and heads to the arena]

Blue Eyes Master: (Thoughts) I must do this for Rin. I know she'll be watching when she hears that I'm dueling. She has so much faith in me. Yugo too. It was always our dream to enter the Fortune Cup and win but especially duel in front of a large crowd. I guess this is us living our dream.

[The Blue Eyes Master arrives at the arena. The Announcer announces the change in the duel]

Announcer: Apparently Jack Atlas is unable to duel tonight.

Crowd: Boo!

Announcer: But the show must go on and there is someone to take his place.

Spectator: I don't care. I wanted to see Jack Atlas. I want my money back.

Announcer: The duelist that will be replacing him will be the Blue Eyes Master!

[The crowd cheers louder than they would for Jack]

Spectator: Never mind! I should've paid more if he's dueling!

Announcer: Please welcome the only man who has ever gotten within a turn to beating Jack Atlas. Please welcome the Master of Blue! The man whose face has never been seen! The Blue Eyes Master!

[The crowd cheers as if their lives depended on it. The Blue Eyes Master arrives at the starting line. Hunter Pace turns to him]

 Hunter Pace turns to him]