Chapter 61.4

3rd Person POV

[The Masked Boy and Roman just stared at each other. No words needed to be exchanged. They both knew what was at stake. There was no need for words]

Roman: You ready?

Masked Boy: Always.

Roman: I like this. Let's do this.

[Before the duel starts, Jack finds them. He lets the others know where they are]

Jack: JP (Original), your exhausted. Take a rest. Let me duel him.

Masked Boy: I'm sorry, Jack, but that isn't going to work.

[The rest of the group shows up. Rin runs towards the Masked Boy. She can see the look of exhaustion in his eyes]

Rin: JP (Original), please take a rest! You can't defeat all of them by yourself.

Akiza: We're all apart of this. Let us help you!

Masked Boy: I'm sorry but I won't let any of you die today.

[The Masked Boy looks at Roman]

Masked Boy: I'm ready.

[Roman activates his duel disk and his sign lights up the ground. Jack tries to run in before the flames connect but is too late]

Jack: Damn it, JP (Original)! Let us help you!

[The Masked Boy doesn't respond]

Jack: Don't act like you can't hear me because I know you can!

Roman: Let's begin, JP (Original).

Masked Boy: Let's rev it up!

Turn 1-Masked Boy

Masked Boy-8000 LP/Roman-8000 LP

Masked Boy: I'll start. My turn. I place one card face down. I use Scale 1 Stargazer Magician with Scale 8 Timegazer Magician to set the Pendulum Scale! I'm taking control of this duel starting now! I can now summon monsters between Levels 2 and 7 all at the same time! Swing far, Pendulum! Carve the Arc of Victory! My monster is ready to swing into action! Turn up the heat, Odd Eyes Pendulum Dragon!

JP (Syncro): He isn't starting slow.

Akiza: But look at him. He can barely stand.

Luna: If he takes one attack, it could kill him before the duel ends.

Rin: We got your back all the way, JP (Original).

Roman: Aren't you going to answer your friends?

Masked Boy: They're not important right now. Keep your focus on me.

Jack: We're not important? Then why are you dueling and not us?

Yugo: He's only saying that, Jack.

Jack: Huh?

Yugo: When JP (Original) duels for someone he cares about, he pushes them out of his mind. It's his way of pushing us away from danger. All he wants to do is protect us.

Jack: Makes sense.

Masked Boy: You're up, Roman. Turn end.

Turn 2-Roman

Masked Boy-8000 LP/Roman-8000 LP

Roman: Very well. My turn. I draw. I activate the Field Spell: Spider Web. When a monster attacks, it's switched to DEF Mode and can't change until the end of your next turn. I place two cards face down and a monster face down in DEF Mode and my turn.