Chapter 1

Evadine's Pov.

"And the last certificate goes to Evadine Relish. Qualified in Levels 1-3 as well as midwifery. Congratulations." My tutor says at the presentation as I stand up and collect my certificate off her and thank her.

I walk off the stage and take my seat next to my best friend again as the presentation ends and we go to find our families.

"Well done, honey." My moms says hugging me as my dad smiles.
"We're so proud of you, Eva." My dad says as he hugs me.
"Thank you, guys. I couldn't have done it without your support." I say as I then see my 3 siblings running up to me.

I kneel down and hug the boys before picking up my sister and giving her a cuddle. My siblings were two boys, Thomas and Julian, aged 17 and 13 and one girl, Sasha, aged 3, whereas I was the oldest and I was almost 20.

"Congratulations, Eva." Thomas says as I smile at him.
"Thanks Tommy. You'll be getting your award soon, right?" I ask as he nods.
"Yeah because my course was only a year." He says as I nod.
"Mom, along with my certificate, I also got a letter. I was waiting to tell you that I applied because I wanted to make my own decision and my tutor helped with it all." I say as my moms nods.
"What is it?" She asks as I smile.
"I applied for The Royal Marsden Hospital in London and I got accepted. I know that they can change my mind and I know you wanted me to go to Uni but, they said that if I need more experience, they can get someone to come in and give me some extra training at Uni level." I say as my mom pulls me close and hugs me tightly, "So, is that a yes that I can go?" I ask before I feel her shaking.
"Of course you can go." My mom says and by the way her voice cracked, she was crying.

My mom pulls out of the hug as I wipe away her tears and kiss her cheek softly. I was finally gonna have the job of my dreams at the hospital of my dreams, and my family were so proud of me, I couldn't ask for a better family then what I have now. I was close with my siblings and my parents, meaning we all got along so well, apart from the few slip up arguments but, no family is perfect. I was finally gonna be able to do what I had always dreamed.

"Eva the diva!" I hear my best friend, Jackson exclaim, as he runs up to me and hugs me.

Jackson and I have been friends since nursery. He was the best friend anyone could ever ask for and nobody could ever replace him.

"Did you get in?" He asks as I nod.
"Yes!" I exclaim as he squeals a little and hugs me again.
"You'd never guess who asked me to go on a date tomorrow." He says as I open my eyes wide.
"No. It wasn't Ethan, was it?" I ask as he nods, "The guy you've had a crush on since year 8 has finally asked you out." I say as my family join us as we join his family and all head to the cars so we can go for dinner.
"Oh and we're gonna be working together!" He exclaims as I smile.
"What? You got in to The Royal Marsden too?" I ask as he nods and I squeal and jump on him, "I'm so happy!" I exclaim.

We reach the cars as Jackson gets in my car with me, letting our families get into their cars and leading the way to the restaurant we were going to.

~~~

Once we arrived at the restaurant, we walked in and asked for a table for 10. They lead us to two table that we had to push together before we sat down and started chatting about the future. We order our drinks before ordering our meals and spending time with our family.

"Excuse me." I say, stopping the waiter, "Could you please take a picture and make sure you get all of us in it, please?" I ask as the waiter nods and I hand him my phone.
"Everyone smile!" Jackson exclaims in a girly voice making me, my sister, his brother and his dad laugh as the waiter takes the photo.
"Thank you." I say, still trying to hold in my laughter.

I look at the picture before showing everyone the picture. It had Jackson, his mom, my mom, my dad and my brothers smiling whereas me, his dad, his brother and my sister were laughing. The picture was amazing though and I had to have it as my Facebook cover photo.

~~~

The night was coming to an end and we all stood in the car park saying our goodbyes, seeing as Jackson and I had to start packing and leave within the next few days to London. It was unreal and I was in tears, just like my family and Jackson and his family. We had all been so close for so long and now, Jackson and I were moving 159 miles away to Dovehouse Street in London.

Jackson and I watched our families leave before getting into my car and going back to our shared flat on the outskirts of Lincoln. Once we get inside, Jackson decides to go to be d as I nod and go to my room. I open up my laptop and look through my emails before shutting it down and looking around my room. I'm really gonna miss this place. I grew up here in Lincoln and I'm gonna miss pretty much everything about it.

I sigh before getting changed and getting into bed. I put my phone on charge before placing it on my bedside table and cuddling myself under the covers, keeping myself warm. The heating was off at the minute because Jackson always go too warm at night so, we kept it off at night.

I sighed before setting my alarm for 7:30am and closed my eyes. At least I could get up bright and early to start packing my things.

I'm really gonna miss all of this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! This is my new book that I told you I'll be working on. I have ideas for this book but, yano. My writer's block might get worse. Not too sure yet. But enjoy!

Vote
Comment,

Follow me!

Love Y'all!

Cee x